Chapter 8

So, three more weeks had went by since Spring had became official. And technically, Sophie had made her way into believing that Kelly would be different than any other young woman out on these streets. That was, until she started to notice some odd behaviors start to develop with her daughter. And practically, Kelly was always the skeptical type. So it would be normal for her to have certain thoughts come in and out of her head from time to time.

But usually, Kelly wasn't really the type to act on those thoughts. And how did this all come up?

Well, it was a nice warm Spring afternoon, and Sophie had decided to take her daughter to the mall to pick out some different sweaters. You know, so they could spend some time together and bond while Kelly was still at bay from seeing anyone.

So, after being at at least three stores, Kelly thought it would be a right time to stop for something to eat. And so, Sophie and Kelly go to the nearest food court, and Sophie sends Kelly to order the food for them both.

And of course it's one of those places where they bring the food to you, but Sophie wasn't thinking about what if one of the managers appeared attractive to her daughter.

I mean who would think about that so soon? I mean, they were there for one purpose, and that was to get food.

And while Sophie was waiting back at the table for Kelly to return and relay to her mother how long the food would take, Kelly orders the food and is about to go back to the table, but she stops and picks up a conversation with one of the workers.

Who she personally thought was very attractive.

Sophie was minding her own business, looking at some of the shirts and sweaters they had picked up, when suddenly she looks up to try and see what was taking Kelly so long. Only to find out that nothing important was keeping her, but she was actually flirting with one of the food court employees.

How did she know Kelly was flirting? Mother's intuition of course. And plus, no one giggles that much in a casual conversation.

Shocked at this, Sophie began to loudly panic, making small noises loud enough for Kelly to hear. Kelly heard her mother stressing out and quickly ended the conversation to go check on her.

When she go back to the table, Sophie was mentally and physically a mess, with her body nervously shaking and her eye twitching as she held a nervous-freaky type smile.

Sophie:"Oh hey Kelly, darling honey sweetie, where's the food, how long will it be??!" Sophie asked showing that anything wrong would set her off.

Kelly saw that her mother was going through some sort of panic, so she tried her best to make her next words none that would make things worse.

Kelly:"Um mom? Are you okay? Is something wrong?" Kelly asked out of worry.

Sophie noticed Kelly was worried about her, so she quickly shifted from her current expression, to a hazy confused expression but with her body still shaking and her eye still twitching.

Sophie:"Is anything wrong?! IS ANYTHING WRONG?! Oh nothing much, just a little hungry that's all." Sophie said trying to calm herself but was apparently still hyped up.

Kelly:"Mom, don't lie to me. Okay? I'm your daughter, mom. Please tell me what's wrong." Kelly said putting her hand on her mother hand, which was currently balled into a fist due to the stress.

Sophie:"Alright then. You want to know what's wrong?! THAT! WHAT WAS THAT?! HUH?!" Sophie asked jumping out of her chair in a small fit of rage.

Kelly looked over to see that her mom was pointing over to where she had that chat with one of the workers after she had ordered the food.

Kelly:"Oh! You mean earlier? Oh, it was just a small chat, mom. Nothing really serious." Kelly said not knowing what mental state her mom was in.

Sophie just sat there. After hearing how mindless her sweet daughter had spoke her, it almost seemed too good to be true. Sophie stared at her daughter, for the rest of their time that they waited, until their food was finally delivered.

All up until Sophie and Kelly returned back to the castle, the two neither spoke nor looked at each other. When they entered the castle, Sophie saw that Leo was sitting in the kitchen feeding his daughter, glared at him, and immediately ran to the staircase and darted up stairs to find Ramona.

Kelly came in after her mother, seeming as she was moving at an average pace, and stopped to talk to Leo for a moment.

Leo:"Oh hey, Little Kelly. Gee what's her problem?" Leo said noticing that Sophie glared at him and his child.

Kelly sighed.

Kelly:"Who knows. But anyway, how's the baby?" Kelly asked smiling at the small child in his arms.

Leo:"She's doing okay. Her name's Isabelle by the way." leo told her.

Kelly:"Aww. That's a cute name." Kelly told him.

Leo and Kelly talked for a little while until Kelly decided to go upstairs and put her clothes away. But meanwhile, she was thinking about how her mother was acting, and if she was acting this way for a awhile but just didn't show it.

"What a time to be alive." Kelly thought while hanging the clothes in her closet.