Chapter 15

I get a notification on my phone. I grab it and check to see that I am tagged in a video. I open my Instagram to see that the trailer for this season is released. I watch it on my phone, and I have to admit, it's by far the best season we've ever made. I check the comments to find fans commenting on how good it looks and how excited they are.

Suddenly, my computer chimes. I put down my phone and check to see a message from Allie. I open it and to see a short text.

Allie: meeting in five?

Millie: Yep, see you.

I have scheduled a Zoom meeting with Sofia Aiken, Owen Nelson and Allie to get to know each other before filming. I log in and wait for them to show up. Allie joins, then Owen, then Sofia shortly after Owen.

"Who is in the hospital?" asks Sofia. I am shocked by her rudeness. I look over to Allie, who has a hurt look on her face.

"I am," she says softly.

"Why?" Sofia asks as if she cares but doesn't.

When Allie doesn't say anything, I come to her aid. "She has cancer," I say hotly.

"Oh, so are you going to die?" Owen asks gently. Allie shakes her head. "No. My doctor said that I have a good chance at survival," Allie says, hopeful.

"Oh!" I exclaimed. "How was your surgery?"

"It went well," Allie says, smiling. "Dr. Robbins got every tumour out." I let out a cheer and congratulate her.

"How do you two know each other?" Sofia asked who is bored.

"We have been friends since the first grade." Not even ten minutes into the meeting, and I abhor Sofia.

"What kind of cancer do you have?" Owen asks, ignoring Sofia.

"Glioblastoma multiforme," explains Allie. "Or GBM if you want the shorter version. It's a fast-growing, aggressive type of CNS tumour that forms on the supportive tissue of the brain."

Afterwards, we fall into an awkward silence until I break the ice. "Have you guys received your scripts?" They all nod except Allie. I assured her that I have shipped to her parent's house, who will give it to her the next time they visit her.

"When are we filming?" Sofia asks, looking at her nails.

"I don't know yet," I reply. "I have to talk to Mark and Adam, but hopefully soon once this pandemic ends."

"Where are we filming the movie?" Owen asks, leaning forward in his chair.

"Toronto." Sofia rolls her eyes the second I say it.

"Why Toronto?" she asks.

"Because for Allie's health and the story is based in Toronto," I reply cooly.

"Whatever," says Sofia rolling her eyes. "I have to go. My manager keeps emailing me about random shit." With that said, she leaves the meeting.

"Sorry about that," Owen says gruffly. "She can be a hassle, but once you get to know her—and I mean truly know her—she's a nice person."

"Good to know," Allie says, sarcastically.

"I'm sorry about her reaction to your cancer," says Owen, sighing.

"It's fine," Allie says, waving her hand. "I'm used to it."

"I'm sorry to have to cut this short," I say, looking at the clock. "But I have to go."

"Okay," Allie says, waving. I wave and end the meeting. Sighing, I close my laptop and lean against the couch. This is going to be a long year.