Chapter 20

I receive a text from the group chat. It has been a week since Netflix released the season and I haven't had the time to check the ratings or reviews. We have been filming Secrets in the Past and it has been hectic. Allie is still growing her hair back and she goes to the hospital for check-ups every week.

Sofia is hostile to Allie and me. Whenever she's near Owen she's the sweetest person. I stopped attempting to be friends with her because I don't need her negative energy in my life. I respect her as a colleague, but not as a person.

Owen is sweet to everyone, even to Sofia. He and I talk but not as often. Honestly, the only person I interact with is Allie.

Maddie: Have you seen the ratings yet?

Millie: Not yet. I'm busy, but when I am free, I am checking them out.

Noah: I have! They are positive. People are saying that this is their favourite season and the best one.

Caleb: Do you think we'll get an Emmy nomination?

Maddie: Oooh! What about SAG? We've won before.

Millie: Maybe. I got to go, guys. But, I'll check out the reviews later.

Caleb: Bye, Mills, talk to you later.

Maddie: Bye, Millie!

Noah: Bye, babe. Give me a call later?

Millie: Of course. Bye.

I put away my phone and walk towards the set. The movie is almost done shooting and I can't wait for it to be over. Don't get me wrong, I love my job but this project is stressful due to dilemmas that we're having. "So what are we shooting today?" asks Sofia, who is bored. I internally roll my eyes. "We're filming the last scene which is the part where we are in the present again," I explain. Afterwards, I head to the wardrobe and hand Winnie to a stage manager. "Okay, action!" yells Mark.

That night, I grab my phone off the nightstand to check for any messages. Maddie sent me one as a reminder to check reviews. Rolling my eyes and chuckling I type Into the Unknown and see critics and fans reviews. I pull open the Los Angeles Times reviews and read it. I smile once I notice that they said this best season and that they would recommend it to everyone to watch it. What caught my eye was that they said that we deserved an Emmy nomination and Screen Actors Guild Award nomination.

Just as I was finishing reading the reviews, I get a call from Noah. "Hey," I say, answering.

"Hey, um, can we go on FaceTime?"

"Why?" I ask, laughing slightly.

"No reason. I want to see my wife's face, that's all," Noah replies.

"Hold on." I hang up the phone and FaceTime him.

On the second ring, he picks up. I squint my eyes as I try to make out what is going on in the background.

"What's your room number?" Noah asks as he walks down what looks like a narrow hallway.

"Are you planning on kidnapping me or something?" I ask nervously. He looks at the camera and gives me as if to say seriously?

"I am not planning on kidnapping you Mills. I want to know for when I visit you," Noah says as he turns a corner.

"You are walking in a hallway," I point out. When Noah doesn't say anything, I sigh.

"My room number is 201, and the floor number is 33."

"Thank you. That wasn't so hard, was it?" Noah asks playfully. I playfully roll my eyes and smile.

"What's wrong?" asks Noah once he sees my face.

"Nothing," I replied, shaking my head.

"Mills," Noah says softly. "I know you better than that. Tell me what's wrong."

"I miss you. I miss you and everyone else," I admit. "I want this to be over, Noah. I want to go home."

"Well, how about this?" Noah says, sighing. "Once you finish, which I know is tomorrow, you come home with me."

"You're not here, so I can't come home with you." I sigh, rolling onto my side.

"We'll see about that." Noah winks at me, and then he hangs up.

I toss my phone to the side and sigh. Suddenly, I hear a knock on my door. I look over at the clock. The clock read ten pm. "Allie!" I call out. "The door is unlocked!" Usually, after a day of filming Allie comes over to my apartment to hang out. I bought a small apartment in downtown Toronto to live in for the duration of filming.

Whoever is on the other side of the door, knocks again. Groaning, I get out of bed and pull open the door to see Noah standing in front of me with a bouquet of roses. I take a step back and my jaw drops. He holds out his arms and I run into them. I hug him tightly and inhale his familiar scent.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. I pull away from the hug and lead him inside.

"I decided to come and visit you," Noah replies as he takes off his shoes.

"You didn't have to do that," I say as Noah shrugs his shoulder.

"You seemed down. I wanted to cheer you up."

"So you flew across the country to cheer me up?"

"Of course," Noah says as he sets down his bag. "I would do anything for you."

"I love you," I say, smiling.

"I love you too."