chapter 11

After the bond was connected, Raphael went back to Heaven and Raguel took Elena back home.

Both Raguel and Elena sat in comfortable silence, not knowing what to say to each other. Their minds and souls were deeply connected. 

They both felt like a new person. It was not something any of them could explain, but they knew the emotions and strong feelings the bond stirred in them was unique. 

Elena on the other hand was stealing glances at her soulmate. Even though they just connected the bond, and they felt so many emotions for each other, the reality remained that they just met a few days ago, and she was trying to get used to all these powerful feelings.

Elena had always admired the Angel from the first time they met, however, she saw him in a different light now. Everything about the Angel seemed interesting to her.

Raguel cleared his throat to get her attention, which he was able to successfully because Elena looked at him with a smile.

“Are you all alright?” Raguel asked.

“Of course, yes. I'm sitting here with an Angel who is also my soulmate. I'm definitely okay,” Elena said with a smile.

“I love your answer, however, that was not what I was asking about,” Raguel said.

“Then what?” Elena requested. 

“Your encounter with the demons. Again,” Raguel clarified.

He noticed how quickly Elena's smile left her face when he mentioned the demons. 

“Those creatures are trouble,” he stated to himself as he waited for Elena to answer his question.

“I do not know what to say, I don't even know what those demons desire from me and it is frustrating. To be honest, I'm honestly scared of what those demons want to do to me,” Elena explained as she played with her fingers.

Raguel took hold of Elena's hand and gave it a little squeeze.

“It's okay to be scared, Elena. But I promise. Everything will be okay. I will not let anything happen to you,” Raguel said. “Me and Raphael will find out what those demons want from you, and most importantly, what you truly are,” he added with a smile. 

Elena smiled warmly at him, and she was certainly grateful that she was not going through everything all by herself. 

“Thank you. I know I can count on you and I completely trust you,” Elena said.

Raguel's heart immediately filled with affection towards his soulmate. Upon hearing that she trusted him completely, sent a smile to his face and warmth to his heart.

“I'm so lucky to have her,” he whispered to himself. “I will not let you down, Elena. I will protect you with everything I have. I promise,” he said. 

“I know that,” Elena smiled.

They were both silent. Raguel was in deep thought.

“I wonder if Raphael has found anything. I will do everything it takes to find out what is going on, I will not let those demons take away the one person that has incited joy and laughter in me. What will I do if she gets taken away and I can no longer find her? No, that can never happen,” Raguel said to himself.

He quickly shook his head, attempting to get the unsightly thinking out of his mind.

Elena had been staring at Raguel; she knew whatever he was questioning in his head was not good because of the look he had on his face and, especially from the emotions she was feeling.

Ever since they connected the bond, they both sensed everything about each other, and she knew that whatever Raguel was wondering about, was throwing him off balance. 

“Hey,” Elena said, shaking her hand a little to draw his attention. “Are you all alright? I don't like what I'm feeling. What are you thinking about?” Elena asked.

Raguel took in a deep breath trying to calm himself down. He knew Elena could feel his worry and the last thing he wanted to do was to make her concerned.

“No, I'm not alright. But I’ll be eventually,” Raguel answered. 

Elena desired to persuade Raguel to tell her what he was thinking, but she decided against it.

Elena smiled at him and rested her head on his shoulders. Raguel wasted no time in wrapping his arms around her, making her sigh in contentment as she enjoyed the comfort and warmth of her Angel. 

****** ******* ***** 

“I guess you went to earth again to see Raguel,” Samael said.

Raphael turned to see his friend observing him with crossed arms while leaning against the wall.

“You already know the answer to that question, so why do you take the trouble to ask?”  Raphael queried.

“I guess I do,” Samael chuckled. “You look very cheerful today. Did something special happen on Earth?” Samael asked, eyeing Raphael.

Raphael was thinking if he should tell Samael about Raguel's soulmate. He knew Samael had not given him any reason to doubt him, so he went ahead and told him. 

“Yes,” he answered with a shiny smile. He looked over his shoulder to make sure no person was around them before he spoke. “Raguel has found his soulmate,” he said quietly.

“Are you serious?” Samael asked in disbelief. 

“Of course, I am,” Raphael answered. 

“Do you think Heaven has forgiven him for the crime he committed?” Samael asked. 

“Raguel did not commit any crime he was accused of and I think Heaven knows that,” Raphael sighed.

“Okay, if you say so,” Samael said.

He was not in the mood to argue at the moment. He did not know if Raguel committed the crime he was accused of, but he had confidence in his friend's judgment.

The little time he spent around Raguel was when he was in Heaven. It did not seem like Raguel could commit the crime he was accused of.

“Anyway,” Samael said, unfolding his arms. “Make sure nobody hears about this. You know not many people like Raguel.” 

“I know that,” Raphael stated. 

“And I think something is going on in Heaven. Be careful, Raphael. I will see you around,” Samael said as he patted his back and left Raphael in his thoughts.

“What might be going on in Heaven?” Raphael asked himself.