chapter 15

After a few minutes of silence between Raphael and Raguel, the latter finally spoke up.

“Do you think those Angels were responsible for what happened to Elena?” he asked, looking at Raphael who stopped pacing around to glance at him. 

He finally thought of the possibility that all of it might be connected. “It does make sense. They might be responsible for what happened to Elena given their schemes to get rid of you,” Raphael answered.

“But this is sincerely confusing,” Raguel said. “How come they knew about my soulmate before I met her? She was captured by the demons which means they knew who she was,” he said.

“All these matters are puzzling,” Raphael said. “I don't know if Samael is aware of anything,” Raphael added.

“What do you mean?” Raguel inquired. 

“Well, on the account that Samael was the one to inform me that something was happening, I simply suppose, perhaps he would know something,” Raphael stated.

Raguel looked at Raphael with a mild frown on his face. “Maybe you need to ask him what he is aware of,” Raguel said.

“I don't think he will ever answer me,” Raphael sighed softly.

“I thought he is your friend, so why will he not tell you what he knows?” Raguel asked, getting annoyed already.

“I will try to talk to him, but I can't say for sure if I will get any reply from him,” Raphael said. “I need to get back to Heaven now. I will see if I can get anything tangible,” he flashed his wings. “Take care of yourself and your soulmate” he added before leaving.

Raguel just stood there, trying to absorb all the information he obtained from Raphael.

“I wonder why they are doing all these things. First, they conspire against me and now they want to harm my soulmate,” Raguel said with a sigh. “I will not let anything happen to Elena,” he whispered, flashed his wings and left the warehouse.

****** ******** *******

Elena was seated with her mother, staring at the TV, however, her interest was not in it. She could not concentrate on the movie because she was feeling mixed emotions, and she knew it was not coming from her mind and heart, Something was up with Raguel.

Ever since they connected the bond, they could sense each other's emotions. She realized when something was not right with him, and it was worrying her at the moment. She absolutely hoped he was fine.

“Raguel had been gone for hours now, and he said he might not stay long,” she said to herself. 

“What an extraordinary movie!” Maria exclaimed, pulling Elena out of her thoughts.

Elena looked back at the TV to discover that the movie had surely ended.

She shook her head and sighed softly. She just wanted Raguel to come back.

“I observed you were not paying attention to the movie,” Maria said. “You were continually zoning off,” she continued looking at her daughter with concern. “Are you alright, honey? You know you can speak to me,” she added softly.

Elena wished she could tell her mother what was going on, however, she knew she could not say anything.

“Sometimes you are happy and sometimes you look sad,” Maria proceeded to say. “Are you having boy issues? You can talk to me about that, okay?” she added.

A warm smile crept on Elena's face. “No, Mom. It's nothing like that,” she added. “I promise I will tell you everything very soon; just have faith in me,” Elena said putting her hand on her mother's shoulder and giving it a little squeeze.

“Okay, honey, just know I am always right here when you need to talk about anything,” Maria said with a small smile on her face.

“I know that, Mom. I will go to my room and take a nap,” Elena said as she stood up and made her way upstairs to her bedroom.

She entered, shut the door behind her back, and made her way to her bed. She settled herself underneath the covers as she waited for Raguel to return.

Elena was trying to keep her eyes open. She was still worried about her Angel, but it looked as if he was calm now because his emotions were more stable than before, but that did not make her worry any less. She needed to see him to make sure he was okay.

But attempting to keep her eyes open was becoming very hard because her eyelids were getting very heavy. In the end, she gave up and drifted off to sleep.

 In the end, she gave up and drifted off to sleep