Chapter 13

Chapter 13

" Carter, I need to see you."  I said, only wishing Carter had answer his phone instead of me leaving him a voicemail.

   I had a million things going on in my mind, I needed a drink and I needed to talk to Carter. After I had killed Michael, I had to get out of there. I drove around town trying my best to clear my mind but that wasn't working at all. All I was doing, was burning up gas.

" Damn it! " I shouted banging on the steering wheel. Instead of going home I'm going to Carter's so I can talk to him, I needed to tell him everything.

20 Minutes later, I arrived at his building. Now I was standing in front of his door hoping that he was home and he would answer it. With my hand balled up into a fist I let it beat against his door.

I was there knocking for a whole 2 minutes, I guess he wasn't home he could be out drinking with his boys. Either I can stand out here and wait for him or I can wait for him inside his apartment.

   I decided to break in, and wait for him to arrive home. Closing the door behind me, my hand brushed against the wall looking for the light switch that turn on the lights in the hallway.

   Finally finding the light switch I flipped it up then I headed towards the kitchen opening up the refrigerator to find me something to drink, I saw a few beers on the top self so I grabbed one and headed towards the living room to find something good to watch on his flat screen TV. There wasn't much on so I decided to watch reruns of Law & Order SVU. An hour had pass waiting on Carter, I even texted him and I got no reply. I'm not going to give up on him, even if I have to sit here all night waiting on him. I got up and headed to the refrigerator again to grab another beer and 2 slice of pepperoni pizza. I stuck the slices of pizza in the microwave to reheat it for 2 minutes. When the microwave stop, I took my pizza and beer back to the living room. This pepperoni pizza still taste good for a leftover and the beer completed the flavor. While I was enjoying my late night food, another episode of SVU was about to start.

   So I sat there with a full stomach staring at the TV, I felt my eyes getting heavy every time I blanked. Before I knew it, I dozed off on his couch.

   Then I heard a door being shut, I jumped up from the couch and look towards the entry way and saw Carter with a gun in his hand ready to shoot. His eyes landed on me with a deep breath he lower the gun and put it on safety. He stopped in front of me looking at the coffee table and flat screen.

" I should have known that you would have broken into my apartment, and helped yourself to my food, beer, and cable television." he said.

" You was not home so I made sure to get comfortable while waiting on you, Where were you? If you don't mind me asking. "   I said, sitting back down .

" I was out with the boys having a few needed drinks at the bar." He said, sitting down next to me .

" Did you not get my voicemail and text message? " I asked him trying to get a read on what was going on with him.

" No, I had my cell phone on silent. Why are you here? " he asked.

I felt a little hurt that he would ask that.

" I wanted to see you and I also wanted to talk." I answered, while scooting a bit closer to him on the couch.

" Okay, fine talk to me. " he said, giving me his full attention.

   I took a deep breath and I grabbed his left hand in my hand, rubbing my thumb across his smooth warm skin. This the moment I tell him everything and I was afraid of how he would react but I had to get this off my chest. So I look into his beautiful eyes, starting from the beginning I told him everything without leaving anything out.