Chamber Of Secrets: Part Two

The discovery that Harry Potter was a Parslemouth was all over the school not even twenty-four hours later, the boy was avoided like the plague. By everyone, teachers and students alike. I felt for him. A week later, I was sitting at a desk, and I heard Harry say,

"I'll see you back in the common room." He got up and I wanted to follow him but knew I couldn't. Staying seated, I waited for a vision to come...But it never did. 

The spiders around that castle had been acting strange, running away in groups from the castle grounds and into the dark forest. That night, Minerva came into my office and looked shell-shocked, not to mention terrified.

"What's happened?"

"Nick and Justin Finch have both been Petrified."

"How?"

"I don't know, but the Potter boy found him. I just brought him to Albus."

"Minerva! You have to know that Potter didn't touch them!"

"I don't know anything anymore."

"Oh, to hell with this!"

Standing, I wobbled and Minerva steadied me, as one phase came to my mind,

'Relax. I do not believe that Harry attacked anyone.'

The words were not meant for me, but at the same time...I knew they were. Huffing, I leaned into Minerva and she looked worried, as I spoke,

"Albus doesn't share your concern, Minerva."

"How could you possibly-"

"Trust me, I know. Now, come on. Help me to my chambers."

"I'm going to get Sev-"

"No, no. It's far too late for that. Not to mention it was only a glimpse. I'll be fine in the morning." 

Polyjuice potion. The Golden Trio, Crabbe, Goyle, and cat hair. 

"Well, sit down. You'd never know the Weasleys were pure-bloods the way they behave. They're an embarrassment to the wizarding world. All of them. What's wrong with you, Crabbe?"

"Stomachache."

"You know, I'm surprised that the Daily Prophet hasn't done a report on all these attacks. I suppose Dumbledore is trying to hush it all up. Father always said that Dumbledore was the worst thing that ever happened to this place."

"You're wrong!"

"What? You think there's someone here who's worse than Dumbledore? Well, do you?"

"Harry Potter?"

"Good one, Goyle. You're absolutely right. Saint Potter. And people actually think that he's the Heir of Slytherin?"

"But then you must have some idea who's behind it all."

"You know I don't, Goyle. I told you yesterday. How many times do I have to tell you? Is this yours? But my father did say this: It's been fifty years since the Chamber was opened. He wouldn't tell me who opened it, only that they were expelled. The last time the Chamber of Secrets was opened, a Mudblood died...so it's only a matter of time before one of them is killed this time. As for me, I hope it's Granger." 

A new voice came forward, low and deep,

"You have to stop letting your visions get in the way of us." Severus was in front of me, kneeling and he was looking up at me, hungrily. His hands moved up my thighs and to my hips, pulling me closer to the edge of the bed.