𝑮𝑨𝑴𝑬𝑩𝑶𝒀

。ₓ ू ₒ ु ˚ ू ₒ ु ₓ。   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

。ₓ ू ₒ ु ˚ ू ₒ ु ₓ。
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

If [Name] was asked 'What did you remember from your childhood', your answer would be a Gameboy. A simple device from the 1980's. They're sure that many's childhood also revolved around playing something similar to it. However, it wasn't the [Hair Color] that played it, but rather a nonchalant neighbor who had it.

。ₓ ू ₒ ु ˚ ू ₒ ु ₓ。
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

    "Hey Kenma! Whatcha got there?"

    Said boy looked up to see a grin on his so called 'friend's face. Noses almost touching, [Name] invaded too much of his personal space. A few awkward seconds passed and now the [Skin Tone] skinned stuck out their tongue, making them look derpy.

    "Kirby's Dream Land,"

    He replied in a very bored manner. Even though he beat this game five times, he still can't stop playing it. It was almost like his relationship with the person in front of him. No matter how many times he'd figure out all them out, he'd still keep on letting them bug him.

Whilst the energetic goofball sat next to him on the park bench, he continued his game resulting him ignoring [Name]. The five year olds had nothing better to do while their parents forced them out of the house to get some sun.

The only sounds were either coming from the game or obnoxious kids who were playing some other sports. Also there was the occasional victory music that plays.

    "Kenma! Kenma! Kenma! Kenma!"

    "What?"

    "I don't know,"

    The black haired boy gave an 'are you serious' look as slowly lowered his game boy. Pouting, the kid next to him rested their head on his shoulder; eyeing the game every now and then.

    Being children, everything was left to the imagination. The floor could be lava or there were giant bears attacking you. Yet Kenma on the other hand was someone who preferred to have something to get lost in.

Being observant had its cons as well. You'd see things that most others would brush off. Of all the curses one could have, knowing too much was a big one; which is why Kenma would prefer to look down at his Gameboy. He didn't have to know what dark secrets someone else would have.

    "Hey Kenma, could I try?"

    Instantly, [Name] was shot down on their request. If things were to go south in their relationship, it'd have to do with his games. Those things were too precious to him.

     Pouting lips came again, puppy eyes started to form. Kenma was only human and slowly started to feel guilty. Big [Eye Color] eyes started to form little sparkles as their pupils enlarged.

With an annoyed sigh, the black haired boy paused his game and passed it over to [Name]. They did an animal crossing emote of flourish as they unpaused the game.

At first nothing really ticked off Kenma whilst he watched the [Hair Color] haired play. As time went on however, the challenges got harder and they were started to struggle with the bosses.

Sure, Kenma played the games an unholy amount of times trying to unlock every secret that was hidden, but something about [Name] playing ticked him off. They didn't have any idea how to play actually.

Okay, infuriating is an understatement. It took every bone in Kenma's body not to snatch his GameBoy away and finish the boss in a couple attacks.

    A dangerous glint shined in his eyes as he looked to the [Skin Tone] face and back down to his game. Impatiently waiting for them to stop dying for the fifth time in the last three minutes.

"Can I have my game back?"

"Nope!"

"[Name]"

Said kid stuck out their tongue in response before going back to struggl—I mean continuing on. Kenma wasn't one to get mad easily, in fact it was an accomplishment to get him to even reach that emotional state.

The small sound of victory played through the device. The temper slowed down back to annoyance and irritation. Kenma's facade going back to neutral.

    Yet the whole time, [Name] never knew what he felt. It was strange how oblivious one could be but that's what made them interesting. How long could they last before they finally see people's true colors.

    Unfortunately the only thing that's actually running through [Name]'s head was how to beat the level and what was for lunch. A small smile on their face and not a care in the world. Kenma would die to be in their shoes.

But hey, we all want what we can't have.

。ₓ ू ₒ ु ˚ ू ₒ ु ₓ。
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

    "[Name], why are you playing a Gameboy? It's so old!"

    Said [Hair Color] haired looked up at one of their acquaintance. First day at college and they're singled out from the crowd. The eccentric girl trotted her way over to [Name], eyeing their device.

    "It's nostalgic. Why does anyone ever keep things that are old?"

    Sure, the [Eye Color] eyed answered her question but it still wasn't enough. Being the curious person she was, she continued to bug [Name] almost like how they did with Kenma.

    "Yeah but why's it nostalgic? You didn't really seem like the gaming type when I first met you,"

     Sighing, [Name] turned off their device and put it away in their bag, the same one they kept a lot of childhood things in. It was just an awkward silence between the two.

    "Perhaps I'm not, but for the first question, it reminded me of someone who I last saw a long time ago,"

    Concluding the conversation, [Name] got up from a campus bench and trudged their way back to their dorm room, leaving the girl in confusion all by herself.

    Truth be told, they lied about not seeing a certain someone for years. In fact, it was their last conversation that made [Name] wished they hadn't talk for years. Yet the world'll never know what happen. Not yet at least.

                           。ₓ ू ₒ ु ˚ ू ₒ ु ₓ。
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀