Chapter 9

Sebellrae sat down in the lunchroom for supper with the newest force book on how to help kids with using weapons through the force. I wish I was strong enough to wield a lightsaber like Lilak. Sebellrae wished. Though, her force sensitivity is not the best. She mostly read instead of ate.
    "Hey there, substitute chosen one!" Lilak greeted as she sat down in front of Sebellrae.
    "For the last time Lilak, I am not the chosen one!" Sebellrae pointed out, frustrated.
    "I believe you should be getting my message everytime I say that."
    "And I believe you should be getting mine!"
    "Geeze, Sebellrae! Would you rather me call you a weakling?"
    "Yes, I would much rather prefer that."
    "Why would you--"
    "Because I'm not the chosen one for the last time!!"
    Lilak was jostled back a bit. She murmured something and made a face. Sebellrae glared at her.
    "Sorry," Lilak apologized half-heartedly, "I didn't know how much that would offend you, but I think you need to take a chill pill."
    Says you. Sebellrae thought. Sebellrae put down her book and began to eat her food. Lilak was already halfway done. They both turned their heads when they noticed Atathum walk by the lunch area without even noticing them, nor getting any food. A dark sense in the force suddenly passed by as well. Could the two possibly be related? No, Atathum would never... Sebellrae thought, horrified. She concentrated more on where Atathum was at and where that dark sense was doing there. Suddenly, it seemed that the force cut her off from what was connecting her to Atathum. What?! Sebellrae questioned.
    "Yo, Sebellrae, you listening to me?" Lilak asked, waving her hand in front of Sebellrae..
    "Um, what?" Sebellrae asked.
    "You seriously didn't hear a word I said."
    "Yes..."
    "Do you want me to repeat everything I just said?"
    "Sure."
    "Okay, buckle in, because this may take awhile. So, I was explaining to you why Atathum is a powerful Jedi but not the chosen one. I believe that Atathum would be a better a chosen one because Anakin, in my opinion is arrogant. He has no care for himself, and gets angered pretty easily, which is fun to mess with. Anyway, Atathum has always been able to keep a hold on his anger, unless he unleashes it in his force whirlwind, but otherwise, that's it. Atathum also cares more about others than himself. I've always noticed him hanging out with the youngest of the younglings, and I really appreciate that, and I wish Anakin would just try to understand someone for once.
    "Atathum also is a man of his word. He tells you a promise, and he always keeps it. Anakin, on the other hand, is not always a man of his word. He'll tell you something, but then forget about it an hour later. Atathum has never done that. He once owed me a bear-claw doughnut when I won against him in a bet, and he literally used the force a minute later, and gave me my bear-claw doughnut. Anakin doesn't do that! So why is he the chosen one?! That's all I have to say."
    "Maybe Anakin's the chosen one because he has more midichlorians."
    Lilak opened her mouth, but no sound came out. Her face was a mixture of confusion, astonishment, and other expressions to make...her expression. She clamped it shut, seriously contemplating on what Sebellrae just said. Sebellrae gave her the you-seriously-didn't-know-that? look. Lilak returned it with the oh-shut-up look. Lilak looked down at the ground.
"So, what was the point of that?" Sebellrae asked.
"Um..." Lilak thought, blushing slightly.
"Are you breaking the Jedi Code?"
"I...um...wait what?"
"Are you breaking the Jedi Code by, oh I don't know, crushing on Atathum?"
"What!? No!!"
Lilak turned away from Sebellrae, furrowing her eyebrows. "Why would you think that?" she asked.
"Maybe the fact that you started blushing after that whole rant thing, and the fact you quickly responded with no about crushing on Atathum, and why your not looking at me in the eyes," Sebellrae replied.
"I'm going to go now."
Lilak stood up with her half-empty tray, and put it away, and quickly rushed out of the room. Sebellrae was still both shocked and laughing. For once, she was the one to "bully" Lilak. She went back to her food, still chuckling.
"Sebellrae, are you alright?" Mace Windu asked.
"Yes, Master," Sebellrae said in between laughs.
Mace Windu sat next to her. He handed her another book.
"What's this for?" Sebellrae asked, curious.
"I want you to get better at fighting," Mace Windu replied.