Chapter 19

"Now, concentrate on the object in front of you," Luminara enforced.
    Atathum extended his arm out in front of him. He felt the force flow strongly through his arm, and soon enough, the object was floating straight into his hand.
    "Nice job, Atathum," Luminara congratulated.
    "Thanks, Master," Atathum responded, respectfully.
    "Now, let's see if you can beat me in saber skills."
    Atathum grabbed his green lightsaber off the mantle using the force. He turned and faced his master.
    "I'm ready," Atathum said, prepared for whatever Luminara might throw at him.
    "You're forgetting something," Luminara reminded.
    "Master, you know how I feel about using that lightsaber."
    "Yes, I know, but you still have to use it. It's yours, you know."
    "No, Master, it's--"
    Atathum turned on his lightsaber and blocked Luminara's "surprise" blow. Phew! That was close! Atathum thought. Atathum returned the favor by slashing beneath Luminara's hand.
    "Well done, my padawan," Luminara applauded.
    Luminara thrusted herself back at Atathum, and he dodged her, quickly. He swung back at her, and she blocked back. The two kept this going for a while until Atathum could feel his chest began to heave more.
    "Don't back down! You do not want to give me the advantage," Luminara enforced, noticing Atathum's state.
    Okay, Atathum. Now's the time. Atathum remembered. Atathum continued to fight Luminara, and she kept on deflecting over and over again. Finally, when she had nearly knocked out his lightsaber, he moved the force through is arm and reached out to the lightsaber on the other side of the room, all without moving his hand.
    "Atathum, you have to fight me! How will you be able to--" Luminara began.
    The lightsaber quickly flung across the room and soon, he was wielding two lightsabers: a green, and a blue. He quickly attacked her for a few more seconds and, very quickly, flung the lightsaber out of her hands.
    "Remember, Master," Atathum noted, "'Don't back down. You don't want to give me the advantage.'"
    Atathum held out his hand, and lifted Luminara to her feet.
    "Wow, how did you learn that?" Luminara asked, astonished.
    "I have my ways," Atathum replied, winking at her.
    "Well, I certainly didn't teach you that!"
    "Yeah, I just learned it...with my ways."
    Luminara laughed. Atathum smiled. He hooked his lightsabers onto his belt. He started walking towards the door.
    "Hey! Atathum!" Luminara called.
    Atathum turned around.
    "Um...have a good day...I guess. I was going to tell you something, but I don't think that would be too polite."
    "If it is about Auric, it's alright, I'm getting over it."
    "Oh. Well. In that case: please don't try to murder a group of students."
    Atathum nodded, grabbed his cloak, and ran outside. R-0B1 was waiting.
    "What do you need, Master Duskrider?" R-0B1 asked.
    "Please, just call me Atathum, and I need you to bring me to the Jedi Temple," Atathum replied.
    "A-a-l-lrighty!"
    Atathum leapt into the ship, and R-0B1 did the same. The ship started and they were headed towards the Temple. R-0B1 was talking about his latest story.
"Yeah, and he was all like 'Robot, give me that box of credits, now!' and I was like, 'no way!' so he got really mad, and he took out his blaster and said, 'I'll shoot you if you don't give it to me!' and I was like, 'no way, scum!' and his pale face became red with anger, and he shot the blaster that was aimed at me, but I dodged out of the way just in time! And then he was all like, 'wait, you're a droid! How did you do that?!' and I said, 'None of your business,' and nailed him in the face with my newly polished foot!" R-0B1 said.
"Oh, wow. Is that it?" Atathum asked, interested in his story.
"Yup!"
"Cool story!"
"I should tell you the time I saved R2-D2's--"
"I don't think you should continue that sentence."
"You know, you're right."
"Lemme guess: you managed to save R2-D2 from a bunch of evil battle droids."
"Actually, it was from a different bounty hunter!"
"Huh."
"Look it, were are your destination!"
The ship slowed to a halt by the grounds. Atathum leapt out.
"Do you need me to pick you up?" R-0B1 asked.
"Nope."
R-0B1 took off, leaving Atathum where he was standing. He turned and walked toward the doors. The doors opened, and Atathum walked in. It was still awkward, but a few more people were starting to wave and would even say hi to him. It made him feel better, but not good enough.
"Atathum! Wait up!" a voice called.
Atathum turned around to see Lilak and Sebellrae running up to him.
"Do you want a bear-claw doughnut? I made sure to save you one!" Lilak asked, holding out the doughnut.
Atathum smiled.