Chapter 31

THALIA'S POV

My Mom sent me some dresses for my graduation day. She sent a lot para daw may mapagpipilian ako. Gabriel was studying for his exam while i was getting everything ready for my graduation day. Kinuha ko na sa school ang toga ko na isusuot namin bukas. Ako na rin lang ang mag aayos sa sarili ko bukas dahil magagastusan pa ako kapag kumuha pa ng make up artist, at wala rin lang naman na aakyat sa stage para sakin so ano pang sense ng pag-aayos bukas? Ang mahalaga graduate na ako at college na ako next school year.

Maaga kaming pinauwi ngayon para daw makapag beauty rest kami ng todo-todo. Inayos ko lang ang mga gagamitin bukas dahil medyo kinakabahan din ako.

"thalia?" i heard tita clarisse so i opened the door

He handed me a box and told me to open so i did. My eyes widened when i saw a pair of white heels from my favorite brand.

"I can't make it up tomorrow but i just want you to know that I'm proud of you, Thalia" she mouthed "you're indeed a strong independent woman and all i want is for you to be happy so go chase your dreams"

A tear fell from my eye. I smiled and hugged her. I suddenly felt guilty. I don't know how many times i pushed her away when all she want was to comfort me. She doesn't deserve that.

"Thank you, tita" i replied

I spent the whole night thinking about what will happen tomorrow. I am planning to give something to Gabriel, it's a big surprise but he texted me that he couldn't come tomorrow because he needs to study. I understand that, i feel sad because he couldn't make it too but it's for his studies so i don't have the right to complain.

The next morning was April 6, i took a bath and ate breakfast. I put on a sheet mask so that my skin will lighten a bit, i also change the color of my nails so that it will go with my dress. I am so nervous but excited, mixed emotions. It will start at 2 pm so i started getting ready at 12. I did my make up, curl my hair and wore my red dress, i fixed my things and make sure that I bought everything I need. There was a little traffic on the way but thank goodness we just arrived in time. I feel so nervous because everyone was with thier parents and i was with no one.

"Thalia!"  i looked back when i heard my name and there i saw Tita Yana.

I walked towards her and she hugged me and congratulate me. I really don't know what's happening.

"uhm a-ano pong ginagawa mo dito tita?" i asked

She laughed "Mama mo ako ngayon dahil ako ang aakyat sayo sa stage"

My eyes widened because of what she said

"p-po?" i stuttered, still confused.

She was about to answer when her gaze turned to my back at pag lingon ko ay nakita ko si Gabriel. He was wearing a marroon button down polo with three buttons open and a black pants. He looks so good.

He smiled and handed me a bouquet of flower.

"sabi mo hindi ka makakapunta" i pouted

"it's a prank, hehe" he replied

"picturan ko kayong dalawa, dali!" Tita Yana giggled

We heard an announcement that it will start in a few minutes so we already entered the event hall.
I sat next to my classmates and Laurynne kept on teasing me about Gabriel because she saw me entered with Tita Yana and Gabriel. We waited a few more minutes until its already our turn.

"... Aliano, Laurynne Anyssa C .....
....... Almeda, Thalia Margarette M ...."

Nakipag kamayan kami sa dean at sa teacher namin at sa head ng shs department ng school, they gave me my diploma and Tita Yana looked super proud when i received a lot of medals, nasa baba naman si Gabriel para picturan kami. Words can't explain how happy and grateful i am right now. I am so blessed to have these people in my life.

We were taking photos near our building, i think i look so ugly in all of my pictures because tears keeps on falling from my eyes. I couldn't stop them. Tita Yana even bought a gift for me, iba don yung galing kay ate ella at sa kay tito, these people were just so nice and i am so happy that I've met them. Tita Yana told me to come over at thier place because she preferred a lot of foods for me. And when we came at their house, my mouth hanged open because of the foods that was placed on the table. Tito and ate ella welcomed me like i am alsp part of their family. They even shouted "happy graduation, thalia!" as i entered. Jian Carlo was also here because he told me that like me, he also have no family to celebrate with.
We ate and took some photos. I didn't expect that i will celebrate my graduation day with these people but this is one of the best days of my life. They are all a blessing to me.

Its already 11 pm and we were at their old house, eating cookies and cream flavored ice cream like we always do.
Gabriel gave me one of his hoodie so that i won't catch a cold. He kept on telling me about his plans for the future and i couldn't really believe that I'm also part of it. He told me that he want to take me to places that I've never been, the places that makes me happy.

He left out a heavy sigh before talking "May regalo pala ako sayo"

"what's that?" i glanced at box that he was hiding on his pocket

He opened it  and my eyes widened when i saw a gold necklace that says 'marga'. Kinuha niya iyon at isinuot sakin.

"I am so proud of you, marga" he mouthed and a tear fell from my eye "happy graduation" he kissed my forehead

"i.. also have a gift" i added

His brows furrowed "huh? ano yon?"

"Let's make this official. I want to be your girlfriend Matteo Gabriel Salvador"

---------------------------------------------------

Hi! interact with me : )
Follow me on Twitter @blissyblairewp
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Just incase you need to hear this today:
You are not a failure. You are loved. I believe in you. You can do it!

Xoxo.