Chapter 28

THALIA'S POV

I sighed heavily after reading the end page of the book. I am so tired and sleepy but i need to review more. I'm at the library right now and I want to finish this so that when I get home i just need to rest my mind and review a little. Tomorrow is our exam and all of us were nervous.

Last week was indeed a tough week. After the music fest we studied so hard for tomorrow's exam. Iniisip na lang namin na after exam ay graduate na kami ng senior high. Gabriel has been there to study with me the whole time, after his classes he always make time to help me review for my exam.

Nag pasundo na ako kay Mang Ben after ko mag aral sa library. Gabriel can't send me off from school today because of his classes and I really understand that, he did so much effort already. When i got home, i took a shower and changed my clothes. It's already 8 pm when i doze off to sleep.

I woke up because of my 3 am alarm. Gabriel told me to study at 3 am instead of studying late the day before the exam. It's really effective, my brain absorbs everything i review maybe because my mind was still fresh. I fixed my things first and ready everything. I took a bath and walked down to the kitchen to eat breakfast. I shouldn't leave with an empty stomach. Gabriel texted me that he's already in front of our gate.

"Good morning!" he greeted

"morning" i greeted back and smiled

I feel like my stomach hurts but it doesn't. I feel like i need to pee but i know i dont. I don't know, i think I'm just nervous. Alas - sais na nang makarating kami sa school. We did a little review before i enter the room. Gabriel gave me a paper bag with 2 water bottles, a Tupperware with my lunch inside just incase i get hungry, and a bunch of biscuits and chocolates. Para akong magbebenta sa loob. He also left some 'good luck' note inside kaya nabasawan ang kaba ko. I don't want to pressure myself but i just really need to do well, for me, for my dad, for my dreams. I shouldn't fail.

After 4 hours, they told us to ate our lunch. I was so happy to see the food inside the Tupperware and the sticky note on the lid.

" smayl b4 u open bhie hahaha charot!

niluto ko 'to para mabawasan ang kaba mo pagkakain mo nito hehe
Goodluck bb! Fighting! : ) "

Having someone who believes in you is such a big blessing. His positive words always gave me hope. After our lunch break we're back at it again, i struggled a little on pre-cal but thank goodness, i remember the little details that i review. I was one of the first five who finished the exam early, i was frowning while walking to cottage near the college department. I'll just wait for Gabriel there. Good thing minutes later he already came.

"hi! Kamusta exam?" he mouthed

"i don't know. I don't know if i did well" i pouted

"okay na yun, basta ginawa mo yung best mo" he smiled, which made me feel better

"alam ko na! ice cream?" he asked, which made me feel better

"cookies and cream?" i made a face, trying to act cute

"haha oo cookies and cream" he laughed

We walked to the parking lot and drove to the mall to eat at our favorite ice cream parlor. I pouted when i noticed that his ice-cream has more toppings than mine so i giggled when he exchanged our ice-cream, now i have the one who has more toppings. After that, we go shopping because i want to buy something for bella's birthday. And then we play some games on timezone. We were so good at the basketball game, medyo marunong din ako dahil nilalaro ko to nung bata ako and of course Gabriel also knows how to play maybe because he was a boy? I don't know, boys are so good at playing basketball. We spent 3 hours playing there until we realized that we  earned so many tickets already so we decided to exchange them with  something on the counter. I chose the medium size pink teddy bear.

"ang cute mo" Gabriel muttered so i immediately looked away

He really likes to surprise me with his words. I am used of him teasing me but when he compliment me, i feel awkward. I suddenly felt my cheeks heated so i covered it with my hands because i feel like its so obvious that i blushed. Good thing Gabriel left to buy some iced coffee. Minutes later he already came back. He drove me home and i waved back to say goodbye.

When i got home, tita clarisse and some designers, organizers and make up artists was there and that didn't surprise me at all, it was for bella's birthday party.

"thalia anak come here, choose your gown for bella's birthday" tita clarisse called me

I had a hard time choosing the right one because all of them were beautiful. One thing caught my eyes though, it was the shiny yellow off shoulder gown, it has an opening in the middle which will show my cleavage. They just ask me some questions and after that i went to my room to rest.

The next morning, i wake up and prepare for school. I just ate sandwich for breakfast and mang ben drive me to school. We just finish some school works today and wait for the exam results. Laurynne was reviewing her answers and she didn't listen when i told her to stop dahil mafufrustrate lang siya. I don't know if my test results will come out well but the fact that I did my best was already enough. After lunch break we went back to our classrooms to receive our test papers. I was so happy with the exam results because all of them were high and it exceeded my expectations!
Waking up at 3 am and studying for hours was all worth it. I called Gabriel to update him and tell him about the good news.

"Matteo! Guess what!"

"congrats!" Gabriel shouted on the other line

"Huh? You already knew?" i asked

"uh-Oo, sinabi na sakin ni Ashi" he exclaimed

"i should be the first one to tell you" i pouted "anyways, thank you for helping me out! I owe you a lot!
Oh by the way, tomorrow is bella's birthday, you should come"

I told him the venue and he ended the call because his prof already came. We did a little celebration because we all did well and more days to go, we'll be marching to the stage wearing our beautiful graduation dresses, and our beautiful smiles. We got a long way to go but we're halfway through it.
I invited some of my friends for bella's party tomorrow. I went home after our little celebration because i still have to my nails and i need to pack my birthday gift for bella. It's just a silver star bracelet, i don't know what to give her because she's the girl who has everything. But she knows how to value things, like me. So i want to gave her a star bracelet because just like a star, she shines brightly.

---------------------------------------------------

Hi! Just wanna say thank you for reading my story : ((
I really really appreciate it, love you! <3

Xoxo.