5

"Oh, Kao didn't come home" was what Gift told him. "He texted, he said he had a last minute plan with a friend, he's going for a road trip. He'll be back after the weekend"

"What?" he was even more agitated. "He... he went for a road trip?"

Gift nodded and waved at him before shutting the door. While he was left lost in thought. Kao looked so down after they woke up, like he was in extreme pain, only Pete was too lost in his own head to realize it at that moment. Why? So he'd gone and searched it and it horrified him how stupid and reckless he was and how much what he did to Kao must've hurt the poor boy. How come he went on a road trip? 

He slumped on his bed and stared up at the ceiling. Maybe it was good. He could think it all through, he could sort out his feelings before he sees Kao. Yes, he realized he had feeling. He had a lot of feelings for that cute and sassy boy. He just needed to figure out to what extent. He needs to know and be sure before he ends up doing something stupid and hurting Kao again. The last thing he wanted was to hurt Kao again.

'You are so mean... why do you care?'

He chuckled remembering the cute sad face Kao made saying that. Then the smile faded when he remembered the steamy night they shared. He sighed and closed his eyes. 'Kao... what have you done? You've brought havoc to my life...'

~~~~

"Kao

"Kao... Kao?"

"Hey... Kao wake up..."

"Kao... you've been sleeping all day... come on kid, wake up..."

"Kao..."

Kao squirmed and grunted in pain. He opened his eyes and then shut them back with the light blinding him. "Ouch..."

"I'll shut the blinds... wait. Oh, you've been grunting in pain... why won't you let me take you to a doctor?"

He heard the deep voice of the other guy talking but didn't open his eyes.

"Kao... come on kid, let's eat something... I've found you some painkillers... come on" he was pulled gently to sit up.

He groaned and whined and winced but the person was strong and they gently made him sit back against the pillows. He looked up at Mork's concerned face and let out a sigh.

"Thank you..." He said, still wincing.

"Shut up" Mork grumbled and took a clothe to wipe Kao's face. "I gave you painkillers before you slept. You still can't even sit up. Here... eat"

Kao took the porridge with a grateful expression and ate. He didn't realize how hungry he was. He looked up to find Mork staring at him.

"You... didn't ask me..."

Mork huffed. "Would you tell me?"

Kao looked down, pouting. "I'm sorry for bothering you"

"Huh, I'm not bothered by you!" Mork scolded him sternly. "But I am bothered by the way I found you"