4

Pete and Kao had been sitting on the couch for a long time, looking like lost puppies.

"Wao... I really drove her crazy" was what Pete said. He wanted to hit himself, but mostly, hit Mint.

Kao shot him a sideways glare, then he suddenly picked a slipper and started hitting Pete.

"Ouch!" Pete yelped and hurried away from him. "What was that for?" 

Kao let go of the weapon with a pout. "I hate you" he made a crying face and Pete let out a chuckle.

"You're the one who turned on the off switch on her brain! Boyfriend" Pete joked and Kao hit him again.

"Don't call me that" Kao blushed.

Once sure that Kao won't beat him again, Pete walked closer to look at his face. He yet again thought Kao looked extremely adorable.

"Why are you so sad for her?" Pete asked him softly and Kao looked down.

"Just..." He sighed. "I don't like being mean to people and she needs help"

"Not our help Kao!" Pete exclaimed. Then seeing Kao's disturbed face, he sighed. "Okay... let's just... come here and sit down"

"Look, San and Thada took her away for now

"Look, San and Thada took her away for now... we'll think... we'll do something about it don't worry" Pete said kindly.

Kao sighed and nodded. Then he laughed. "Are you still gonna tell her I'm your boyfriend?"

Pete grinned. "If I remember correct, you're the one who told her that"

"Fuck you" Kao whined ad looked away from him, trying his best to hide his face. "I hate you"

Pete laughed out and stood up. "Fine. Fine, I'll get beers, you'll drink?"

Kao nodded. He took the bottle gratefully took a large sip. 

They both had gotten earfuls from Sandee, even Thada got snapped at by her for letting Pete go on with that stupid idea. 

"What did I do?" Thada had scowled.

"You were there! Why did you make Kao go sort things out with her? Then why did you let this bastard tell her he was dating Kao?" She'd hissed at them.

"Yeah, ask him" Kao had nodded fast but shut up when Thada glared at him.

"How am I supposed to know what this shithead is gonna do? I was busy pulling him off of them! I thought he was gonna attack Kao but he..." he threw his hands up.

"You really need to think of something other than telling her you play for another team now, sorry Kao. But this is dangerous for Kao" she had said sternly before they took Mint away.