chapter 3

It had been three days and Nick came back to work as he said he would.

That morning Nick drove to NCIS headquarters and when he entered the bullpen he saw Mcgee doing paperwork.
"Hey Mcgee" said Nick
"Hey Nick, how are you?" Mcgee asked
"I'm fine Mcgee and how are you, Delilah and the twins?"
"We're all fine thanks for asking "
"So did Gibbs come in with a case yet?" Nick wanted to know
"No not yet, so I decided to go ahead with some paperwork since I have a lot to do" Mcgee answered
"Oh ok, great idea I would  do it too until we get a case" Nick said and walked over to his desk and started to work.

After a while they heard a ding coming from one of the elevators, so they stood up to see better who it was.
When the elevator doors opened a woman came out of it, she had light green and blue eyes that anyone could get lost in them for how beautiful they were, her eyes were framed by her long and wavy brown hair that made them pop out even more.
She was tall and she  looked so professional in that blazer, shirt and pants she was wearing and her heels made her legs look even longer.
When the woman got out of the elevator she walked towards the stairs , so Mcgee and Nick turned around and saw Vance on top of the stairs.

Once the woman got on top of the stairs with Vance they left and went to his office.
After the woman and Vance left, Mcgee and Nick looked at each other and then Nick said "Wow, who was that, Mcgee?" "I have no idea Nick" Mcgee replied, after that they sat back down and continued to work.

The woman and Vance got to his office and he opened the door and said "Come on in" "Thanks" the woman replied.
They entered the room and walked to his dask, then they shook hands and sat down on the chairs one opposite the other.
"Director Vance, is so nice to meet you" said the woman
"Detective Reagan is so nice to meet you too" said Vance
"Sir may I ask you a question?" said Detective Reagan
"Sure you may Detective" replied Vance
"For what am I here exactly, Sir?"
"You're here Detective Reagan to help the NCIS team with all the cases until Agent Bishop is not ready to come back at work"
"If I may ask why is Agent Bishop not working?"
"Detective Reagan, Agent Bishop had an accident a few days ago and she is now in a coma"
"I am sorry to hear that Sir, I hope she'll be fine soon, but if I may ask why did you choose me out of all the candidates for this job?"
"Because you were the most qualified person that could take this job"
"Thank you Sir, I'm happy to work with you and your team"
"Detective Reagan I heard many things about you and one of them is that you were in the navy, is that true?"
"Yes Sir, it is. I was Lieutenant Commander in the navy for many years and after I was honorably discharged from it I worked as a psychologist for the navy and I helped the soldiers going through some hard situations and psychological help in general. Then I started working for NYC Homicides squad and became a detective"
"Well that is impressive, Detective" said Vance and after a few seconds they heard a knock on the door.

"Come on in" said Vance while he was standing up and Detective Reagan stood up as well and turned around to face the door while Vance walked towards it.

Gibbs and Jack came in the room and Vance said "Detective Reagan I want you to meet Special Agent Gibbs and Sloane"
"Detective Mary Jane Reagan, nice to meet you" said Reagan and shook their hands.
"Nice to meet you too Detective Reagan, I'm Special Agent Jacqueline Sloane and this is Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs" said Jack
"Welcome on board, Detective" said Gibbs
"I am honored to work with you and the team" said Mary
"And we are happy to have you here Detective" said Jack
"Detective Reagan, after you take the psychological test with Agent Sloane you will officially be an NCIS agent" said Vance and Detective Reagan replied " If Agent Sloane agrees we can go and take the test now"
Jack looked surprised by what Detective Reagan just said, no one was never this anxious to take that test but then she replied "Sure we can do the test now, follow me, we'll go in my office. Oh and by the way you can call me Jack"
"Ok, Jack. Director Vance we'll meet later" said Reagan and left Vance's office with Jack.

After the test was over Jack, Gibbs,Vance and Reagan meet on top of the stairs and Vance got everyone's attention and started talking
"Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce you Detective Reagan that from now on will be an NCIS agent and work here with you, welcome to NCIS Agent Reagan"
"Thank you Sir" replied Reagan and went down the stairs while Mcgee and Nick looked at each other in surprise.

When Reagan got in the bullpen Mcgee greeted her but Nick just looked at her and didn't say anything, he was angry because Vance replaced Ellie this fast even though she wasn't dead yet.

"Welcome to NCIS, i'm Special Agent Timothy Mcgee and this is Special Agent Nick Torres" said Mcgee while he pointed at Nick and shook her hand
"Nice to meet you guys, I'm Detective Mary Jane Reagan, well now it's Agent Reagan" she said a little bit embarrassed
Nick sat down and continued to work and ignored her.

Reagan noticed  what he was doing and started to talk with Mcgee .
"Why is he behaving like that, Agent Mcgee?" Reagan asked
"I have no idea but I think it's because you are currently working here and he thinks that you are replacing our friend Agent Bishop and since it's been less than a week he's not ready to deal with it but he'll get used to it don't worry" said Mcgee
"Oh ok I understand, even though I'm not replacing Agent Bishop in fact I'll be here until she's not ready to come back and I'm sorry for what happened to her" said Reagan and started to place her stuff on the desk Vance told her to get.

little note from me : hope  you like the fanfiction and let me know what you think about
Reagan's name was suggested by Nicole (ncis_germany) so thank you so much for helping on that one

Ok now Nick is mad because he thinks that Reagan is replacing Ellie so what do you think he'll do?

Will he do something about it?

Is he going to get used to it or not?

Let me know in the comments

Stay toned for the next chapter to find out

Thank you so much for reading <3