Hospital

I opened my eyes to be looking at a wall, but it wasn't a wall in my house. I turned my head to see Robbie sitting beside me, asleep his arms crossed. Where was I? There was no one else here. The door of the room opened and in walked my sistser, Fae.

"Where are we?" I suddenly stood up and was so scared.

"At the hospital," she looked down, tears in her eyes.

"Why Fae, I'm so confused how I got here and what's happened?" She gestured for me to sit down so I did and she sat beside me.

"Nick picked you and Rob up because it's Sam?" That was my brother.

"Sam? What's happened to him. Fae tell me!" I wss welling up and raised my voice.

"Shh you'll wake Rob. He was involved ina car accident, he should be ok but it will take time." I didn't say anything for a few minutes then looked at my sister.

"Who did it?" I wispered.

"Well... dad found him and followed him, and hit him." I had suddenly become very angry I threw my head in my hands. "I'll leave you for a bit." I just sat in silence and suddenly was overcome by hysterical tears. I couldn't control myself. I felt a soft hand wrap around my shoulder.

"I would ask how you are but I know the answer." Robbie kissed my hair and rested his head on mine.

"It's Sam.. I-I-"

"I know Em, you don't need to tell me. But I'm here, I'll listen and comfort."

"I don't get it, I've never been close with him and... and this is how I feel." I was wiping tears away with my hand.

"But he's your brother, you love him really, that's why." He got on his knees on the floor and began to wipe my tears away with one hand and stroked my hair with the other.

"Can we go back to yours? I really can't deal with being here!"

"I'll go ask Nick for you, but of course, it's the holidays so stay as long as you wish." He left and 3 minutes later returned, holding his hand out and nodding. Nick paid for a taxi and I spent the night in Robbie's arms, with him stroking my hair and softly singing me to sleep.