Visiting

I thank Robbie's nan for the lift as we got out the car at the entrance of the hospital. It was freezing. Robbie took my hand in his and we walked in to the reception desk.

"H-hi, c-c-can I s-see.." I wasn't great at this sort of thing so Rob interupted me.

"We're here to see her brother, Sam Taylor." The woman at the desk looked confused and turned to a colleague as they bagan to whisper. Shit what's happened? The woman turned back to us, eventually.

"Didn't you know?"

"Know what?" I was beginning to panic as I slammed my hands on the desk.

"Samuel we emitted yesterday." I smiled with relief.

"So he's at home then?" The woman's eyes narrowed.

"Well his father said they were off to Spain for chirstmas and were flying out today. Why does this concern you?" I froze to the spot and just stared at the woman. I couldn't move and my breathing went heavy. Robbie began to speak for me.

"She's  Sam's sister..." all the ladies at the desk looked at me with pittiful eyes.

"And he's not my dad, he adopted us," I was super angry but could only whisper.

"Is there anything we can do, contact him or..."

"No thanks, I'll take her home now," as he said this he put his arm around my shoulder and kissed my forehead. "Lets get you home, into the warm and Nan will help sort this out." I just nodded, I couldn't believe I had been left.

1 hour later we were back at Rob's, I was cotched on his sofa wearing my pj bottoms and one of his knitted jumpers he'd got from Mark as an early Christmas present. Sally (his sister) had made me a mug of hot chocolate and cut a slice of her freshly baked banana loaf for me. Robbie and his Nan were currently at my house to see if anyone was there.

Half an hour had passed and they were back, Rob came and sat opposite me on a stool and put his cold hands on mine.

"Do you want to know?" He looked me in the eyes. I just nodded. "We used your key to get in, all the furniture was there, but a huge pile of presents under your name were laying in the corridor. There was this note..." he handed it to me, it read :

Em, we are so sorry and please know that we love you with all our heart, but after the accident we knew your dad was still in town, so it wasn't safe for us. But he doesn't know you, so don't worry my love! We promise to make everything up to you, but we had to leave for chirstmas and your phone wasn't on and we don't know where Robbie lives. We are so sorry hunny, we've left money for food in your room but please make sure you're not alone on christmas day! We love you Em.
Lots of love from the family xx

My eyes filled with tears, I didn't know what to do. I just looked at Rob and he looked at me.