Breakfast

We went downstairs for breakfast after I'd given Rob his present, which was a new pair of football boots, a pair of converse and a chain with his name engraved to wear around his neck. He loved them, which was a relief. When we got downstairs Sally was surrounded by toys and clothes that their dad had bought them. Their mum was just handing her a present as we walked in.

"Merry Christmas you too," she stood up and kissed rob on the cheek and then gave me a  hug.

"Merry Christmas mum," he said as he wiped the kiss she'd left on his cheek.

"You too," i just smiled back at her and didn't really know what to do.

"Well come on then sit down, I've got you both a little something. Apologies I'm not your father Robbie but I just don't have the money to get you millions of presents." She looked down, ashamed.

"Mum it's fine, that's not what Christmas is about," he leant over and gave her a reassuring hug. She passed me my present.

"Thank you so much, but you didn't have to," I felt so guilty taking the present off her.

"You're family Em, just open in love." She smiled at us both and we began to open the present each. Robbie was faster.

"Oh Mum thank you so much, I love it! Look Em look what I got," I leant over as he held it up for me to see. "Tickets to the footie game in a few weeks, oh mum thank you," he gave her a big kiss on the cheek and sat back down. "Your turn babe. " I started to open the present once again and I saw she'd bought me a spa day for 2 at the local 5 star hotel.

"Oh wow you shouldn't have, thank you so much!" I stood up and gave her a hug before walking over to where Rob was sat and squeezing next to him.

"You're most welcome my lovely, now I'll go put the croissants in the oven and leave you 2 for a bit. " she smiled and walked out. Robbie put his arm around me.

"I'm so glad you're here the Christmas."

"So am I, thank you!" He looked at me and leant in, begging to kiss my hard. We were lost in the moment, i loved him so much! My phone began to ring and we were shaken out of the perfect moment. "Sorry," I stood up and saw that it was Nick, so I picked up urgently. "Merry Christmas Nick... don't it's fine... I'm at Robbie's... don't worry I said... okay.... is sam doing good?... good and thank you for the presents... love you, bye..." I hung up and sat on Robbie's lap.

"How are they doing?" He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Sam's better and they're having a nice time, will be home in a couple of days."

"Oh good, are you feeling ok?"

"Yeah I'm really enjoying myself!" I looked at him and smiled. My phone buzzed and it was now a text from Nick...

Tell Robbie and his family we are having a new years party, they're all invited.

I showed him the message. He smirked.

"Well new years is sorted for us then," he started tickling me and I fell onto the sofa.

"I guess it is then," I said, in between laughing.