12

"This is so boring!" El complained very loudly. People all around us were giving us glares because she didn't quite understand the fact that you have to be quiet in the library. "The movie's in 20 minutes, hurry up."

"I know, I'm trying. There's this book that I really want to find. It was here last time I came but-" And then, there it was sitting in the shelf just waiting for someone to pick it up. I almost ran over to the book but fast walked over to grab it. Just as I was going to take it off the shelf, someone else's hand was already on the book's bind. "Um, are you taking that book out?" I didn't mean to come off as rude but I'm pretty that's how it came out. The guy turned around and I instantly hated myself. He had the most amazing brown eyes, I was practically star struck.

"I am, why?" His voice was angelic and I backed up because he was almost intimidating.

"Oh nothing, I was just going to take it out is all. But you go ahead," I stated. Feeling my cheeks heating up and turning bright red. A smile grew on his face and I felt my face turn redder.

"Are you giving me permission to take this book out?" he asked, his  accent coming through.

"No, I was just saying that you-I..." I trailed off.

"How about, I take it out and when I'm done you come over to my apartment and then you can have it." I was wrapped up in his attractiveness until I actually took in what he had said and it didn't make any sense.

"Why would I have to come to your house if you can just give it back to the library and then I can take it out...?" It felt pretty awkward catching him in his confusion.

"I'm horrible at hitting on girls if you haven't already noticed," he confessed.

"I have. My first tip would be don't creepily invite them back to your place if you've just met them. But I mean I guess the effort counts," I said gaining my confidence back and a smirk sneaking onto my face.

"Yeah, you have a valid point. I'm Nick," he put his hand out and I shook it.

"jade" I said as we shook hands for more than a minute.

"Here," Nick said as he handed me the book. "You can take it out," he started. "I overheard you and your friend discussing it and when I saw you coming down this aisle I grabbed it so I could talk to you. And we both saw how that plan plummeted," he laughed. His laugh was adorable. immediately after thinking that i thought of harry. but back to distracting myself, he went out of his way to talk to me?

"You didn't do too bad," I said taking the book. "Made an impression, I'm sure I'll go home today and think of the guy, Nick, who hit on me in the library." And with that I smiled and walked away to get back to Eleanor. The smile on her face made me smile as well.

"Who was that?" she whispered. So now she whispers. "He's so hot," she trailed off as she stared at him from our table.

"Let's go," I said pushing her away from the table so I could go check out my book.

After the movie and listening to Eleanor give me a speech about how I should date Nick, we went back to the apartment. "Do you want a hot pocket?" I asked opening the freezer.

"I can't eat until you agree to go back to the library and ask Nick for his number! I can't believe you didn't finish talking to him! Like that upsets me! So now, I will starve myself until you find love!" She crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back in her chair.

"Well then you're going to die of anorexia," I stated.

"Jade, it's been a month since you said you were getting over Harry. And I think Nick could be your plane ticket out of Harrytopia!" I turned around and looked at Eleanor as if she had two heads, Harrytopia? I asked myself. She has reminded me all day how it has been a month since I told myself that I'd move on from Harry. A lot of things have happened; I got an extra month to finish the book so I had to step my game up with writing that. I had literally had no time to add a relationship into my life. Which I have told Eleanor a million times but she would just answer, "If Harry asked you out, you'd fit that relationship into your life." And of course I would just go quiet because she was right and I didn't want to admit it to her or myself.