13

The library doors automatically opened and I took slow steps into the building, trying my best not to second guess myself on what I was about to do. 20 seconds of courage is all you need, I thought to myself. As I entered the quiet building, I looked around searching for Stefan. Hoping he was going to be there could end two ways.

There was that terrifying 99% chance he wouldn't be there in the aisle waiting for me to come back hoping that I'd be here for the same reason he was. Or that incredible 1% that he would be there where I hoped he would. My eyes wandered all around but he was nowhere to be found and I was starting to lose hope. My feet were moving me around, as my body followed after and I ended up down an aisle I haven't been before. To my surprise, Nick was standing there and facing the shelves as he searched for a book.

"Finished that book already?" Nick asked, turning around and facing me with a slight smirk on his face. I trained myself for him not being there but I never really thought out a plan for when he was.

"Uh, no. Actually I haven't even started it yet," I said stumbling over my words because I was so nervous. But then I thought back to the conversation Harry and I had last night and told myself that nervousness was adorable to get me by. "Did you assume, I'd come back here today?" I asked being very forward, slightly regretting it.

"Yeah, a guy can hope can't he?" He shrugged.

"I'd like to think so," I said trying to flirt. "I mean I'll admit, I did come back here today hoping you'd be here again."

"That's really good to hear," he sighed of relief and I was just about to do the same. "You like coffee?" He asked, as if he were nervous as well. That's something I liked about him, he was just as nervous as I was and that made me less nervous. Make sense?

"Love it," I answered. He smiled and led me out to the parking lot and we walked to the local coffee shop. We ordered for each other and he had great taste in coffee and I doubted my coffee skills. It turned out he liked what I ordered for him so another inch of relief lifted off my shoulders.

This date or outing or whatever it was, was getting easier as it went on. Especially because we spent hours there, talking and discussing things that we both enjoyed. Nick was such an interesting person that after he would finish talking, I'd wait for him to start again with another story craving more.

I thought about what Harry said about kendall, how she was a breath of fresh air. I couldn't find a better description of when I'm with Nick. He literally distracted me away from all the stress and commotion and I could just breathe when I was with him.

Two weeks had passed and I had spent almost every day with Nick. We'd do something different every day and I could honestly never get bored with him. I especially liked how we'd end up at his place, it was beautiful. Also, no one else was there to interrupt us. Plus nothing to remind me of Harry.

His lips were a whole other story, I absolutely loved kissing him. He was strong so he'd lift me up onto the counter like he did the other night. Things couldn't be better with him. I don't regret at all going to the library that day.

Since I have only 2 weeks left to finish the book, I told Nick that we'd have to see each other a little less. But it wasn't a problem considering he had a business trip in California for the next two weeks so it was perfect. I woke up this morning in Nicks bed and he had left this morning on plane to Cali. He left a note next to the bedside table, telling me he had left and that I could order breakfast.  Nick, at the age of 23, co-owns a company that sells something that I can't really understand but he's beyond wealthy. Obviously, that's not why I'm with him but I mean getting served gourmet breakfast isn't always bad once in a while.