3. The day some highschool bitch fought me.

He cleans her scars

And numbs his pain

She is his drug

And he is her saviour..

We walk into school, and I can sense people are watching us. I don't understand why, I mean we're not together or anything.. God, why do I feel like this? Love doesn't exist, but I almost feel like he can make me feel it anyway..

We get to the cafeteria, and grab some food. I see him walk over to an empty table, and I have a choice of either sitting with him, or sitting with some other people I don't know... I walk over, and sit with him.

'Violet are you trying to trick me?' He asks looking down.

'What?' I ask.

'Are you like, pretending to like me..' He asks now looking at me.

'Why would I pretend?' I ask

'Because,' He pauses 'You're too perfect.'

'Tate, I-' I then get cut off by Leah yanking me out of my seat.

'I want to finish what I started.' Leah says, then slaps my face. I hear the whole cafeteria gasp, and have to comprehend what just happened. Before she can do anything else I punch her in the face. She then bounces back, and tackles me on the floor.

'Get off of her!' Tate yells, ripping Leah off of me, and throwing her on the floor. He grabs my hand, and we run out of the cafeteria.

I sit in an empty hallway with Tate sitting in front of me. He takes a wet rag, and starts cleaning the dirt off my face. We skipped class, so I can get cleaned up. Leah left me with a scratch, bleeding lip, and dirt on my face.

'Tate?' I ask as he's cleaning my scratch

'Yes, Violet?' He asks

'What did you mean in the cafeteria?' I ask

'I was worried that you were tricking me.' He says 'Because a girl like you would never hang out with a guy like me.'

'Why's that?' I ask

'Because, I'm.. Not mentally well.' He sighs, 'I go to therapy. But it's not just that.' He says now moving on to my lip. 'You're too perfect, and honestly with my luck you would probably be tricking me.'

'I wouldn't do that.' I say, but it's kinda hard for me to talk since he's cleaning my cut lip. So I hold his wrist to stop him for a second. 'I only hang with people I like, plus I wouldn't pick on someone as awesome as you.' I say with a chuckle, then let go of his wrist. I can feel myself blush.

'Thanks.' He says looking down, and I can see him blushing. I realize that I am also blushing. Could we be more? No, what if I get hurt again.. Just like before, and just like my mom..

'Do wanna come over to my house after school?' I ask. I just want more time with him honestly.

'Sure' He says with a smile.