5. A less shitty day in this hellhole that is my life

They shared a kiss

And fell into bliss

Healing the pain

Of the scars on there veins

I get up, and feel ten times better than I did yesterday. Is it because of Tate? I put on my clothes, and head out to find Tates car in front of my house. I want to be with him, but I'm not sure that's a good idea... I get in the car, and he gives me a smile.

'Tate about yesterday...' I sigh, because I really don't want to do this, 'I think it would be best if we stayed friends...' He looks down, and nods, but I can tell it hurts him too. He starts the car, and we're off.

The car ride was full of silence, and when we get to the school, I realize I probably should have played some music.

We got to class, and I can tell Tate is upset.

'Tate, what is answer to number 3?' our teacher asks, silence 'Tate, are you listening to me?' He is staring at me, and not paying attention at all... Creepy, but kinda cute. 'Tate I'm gonna give you detention if you don't tell me the answer now.'

'Fine, the answer is bullshit.' He finally says

'Excuse me?' Our teacher asks

'I said the answers bullshit.' He says again

'That's it, Tate no wonder your father left.' What. the. actual. fuck. Tate flips his desk, then runs out of the room. Shit! He's my only way home, besides walking...

'I told you he was crazy.' Alexis whispers in my ear. Why would that make him crazy? Whatever, I'm not staying here.

'Yeah, you know what, Fuck this class!' I get up, and run out of the room, now I gotta find Tate. He isn't in the hallways, but his car is still here. I ran to his car to see him in the driver's seat. I go around the car, and get in the car.

'What are you doing here?' He asks

'I decided to come with you to make a run for it.' I say

'I didn't think you were going to come.' He chuckles.

'Were you waiting on me?' I ask

'Well I was going to wait for you after school.' He says, now driving back to my house.

We are almost at my house, but I still want to listen to music. I open up the glove compartment to find a box of cigarettes, and a black rose.

'Is this this for me?' I ask as he stops in front of my house.

'Yeah, I painted the rose black, because I know you don't like normal things...' He says, and I start to blush.

'Well, you're the first boy to have given me a flower...' I say, not even Josh could have done this simple thing...

He smiles, and looks down. I give him a kiss on the cheek, then get out of his car, and walk to my house. I instantly ran to my room screaming in excitement. I can't believe this is happening to me! Things like this don't normally happen for me, not even close...

I sit on my bed looking at the rose, when I hear a knock at my door. Who could that be? My mom won't be home until later, and my dad's with a patient. And even if my dad finished with his patient, he would also have left, and won't be home til late as well.

'Come in!' I say, and I see Tate standing at my door. He walks up to the edge of the bed, and looks upset.

'Can I stay here for a little while... Things at home aren't going well..' He says

'Of course, my parents won't be home a little while, so you can probably stay for dinner.' I say, and he sits at the end of my bed.

'Are you dating anyone?' He asks

'No, my last boyfriend was a complete dick.' I say

'What did he do?' He asks

'He cheated on me with some slut, probably because I didn't want to have sex with him.' I say getting a little pissed off by the memory.

'That's horrible, you deserve better.' He says looking into my eyes.

'And you deserve better parents, but sometimes life wants to kick us in the shin.' I say with a sourly tone. We sat there in silence for a little bit.

'Violet, have you cut yourself since you met me?' He asks looking at my wrist. He has a point, I haven't cut myself for the past three days surprisingly. 

'No, you?' I say, and pick up his wrist to look at it.

'No.' He says with a small smile. I rub my finger along his scars, and then look up to see him looking at me. Are eyes meet, and he looks so innocent. He has made my life a tiny bit better since I came here.

'Do you like me?' I ask, please don't reject me...

'Of course I do, you're awesome Violet!' he says with a smile.

'No, I mean like, more than a friend...' I say, shielding my face with hair. He puts my hair behind my ear, and I can't help but feel tingles. I bite my bottom lip, and look up at him.

'I knew what you meant.' He says blushing. I look at him, and smile. I move closer to him, and he kisses me. I kiss him back, and we start making out. He kisses my chin, then moves down to my neck. He starts kissing my neck, and I moan. Shit! I cover my mouth, and back away letting my hair cover my face.

'Shit, I'm sorry.' I say blushing really hard.

'It's ok, you just purred.' He says chuckling, and I look at him confused. 'What? Have you never moaned before?' I shake my head. 'Well shit, you really are a virgin.'

'Is that bad thing?' I ask

'No,' He says with a small smile.

'Well, are you a virgin?' I ask, with one eyebrow up, and a smile

'No sadly, I fuck every girl that walks threw the door!' He says, and we both laugh. 'Yes, I'm a virgin.'

'Really? No one wants to fuck thee Tate Langdon!' I say, and he laughs while blushing.

'Well, people have tried.' He says laughing 'There's this one girl who tries, but I only let her give me blowjobs. But there's this other girl who I have my eye on.' He says looking at me.

'Is that girl me?' I ask

'Maybe..' He says blushing 'Well I know she's crazy for me.' He says, and I laugh

'What makes you so sure?' I chuckle

'Well, I am the one who made her moan for the first time.' He says, and I hide my face with my hair. 'And she also is the one who kissed me.'

'Well, she does sound like she likes you a hell of a lot..' I say shyly, I never act this way! I usually hide my feelings. 'But who the fuck is the other girl?'

'Who cares? The other girl is right in front of me, why not just focus on her?' He says, and I look into his eyes, and cup his face. I then kiss him and he kisses back. He puts his left hand on my face, and his right hand on my thigh. He then moves on to my neck, and this time I don't hold back. He takes my cardigan off, and now I know where this is going. Shit! Not here, and not now out of all times. He starts to unbutton my dress.

'Tate,' I say like a moan, 'Tate!' I say louder starting to push him off.

'What?' He asks innocently.

'Not now, please, I can't right now.' I say gasping for air, and buttoning my dress back up.

'Ok, I'll wait for you.' He says with a small smile.

'I'm also getting tired..' I say

'Ok, I can leave if you want..' He says

'No!' I give him a hug, 'Don't leave, can you cuddle me?'

'Sure,' He says smiling. I lay down on my side, and Tate wraps his hands around me. 'This is nice, Violet.' We lay like this for a while, and before I know it I'm asleep.