The Secret!! (The Wanted fanfic)

Chapter one.

There are some things in life that you never expect to happen, some things that you see on TV or in the newspapers but you never quite believe they could happen to someone like you. I was currently in that situation, I was on my way to my best friend’s house to tell him a piece of news which was sure to change his and my life forever. I was walking around the streets of London with a Starbucks cup in hand as I played with the cardboard. My mind was on one thing and one thing only. I wasn’t even sure if I was going the right way, which was silly because I’d done this walk thousands of times before. I turned the corner and let out a sigh of relief as I realised I had gone the right way, then I realised why I was here and gulped slightly as I made the short walk up to his house. I closed the gate behind me and hesitated before turning around and walking up to the door, I raised my arm to the door and paused before knocking lightly, almost wishing he didn’t hear. But much to my dismay; he did. I watched silently as I saw his figure moving about behind the door as he fiddled with the keys to unlock the door. He opened the door and his smile widened as he saw me stood there, I smiled back weakly before stepping up and pulling him towards me into a much needed hug. He wrapped his arms around me warily, clearly confused as I held onto him a lot longer than I normally would. “Jessica,” he whispered before pulling me back slightly so he could look at my face, he smiled sadly at me before pulling me back towards him. “What’s wrong?” he asked, I frowned slightly at the concern in his voice, simply because I knew it would be full of anger in a few moments. I pulled away and wiped away the tear that had let loose before looking up into those familiar blue/green eyes. I smiled slightly as I took in all his features. His beautiful eyes, his brown floppy fringe that lay perfectly across his forehead and a cap that sat on top of his head, his strong jaw and cute button nose. And on top of that his amazing personality, one that never failed to make me smile or laugh. I always wondered how I ended up with an amazing best friend like Nathan. He ushered me into his apartment before offering me a cup of tea. I shook my head gesturing to the Starbucks cup in my hand, he nodded slightly before walking off into his living room. I followed him in and we sat down at opposite ends of the couch. “So, what’s going on?” I sighed and ran my fingers through my long brown hair. I chewed on my bottom lip, not quite sure how to tell him my secret. I looked up to him to see him watching me closely, he was clearly worried, it was written all over his face. He reached out and grabbed my hand rubbing his thumb over my knuckles. “Whatever it is Jess, you can tell me,” he said reassuringly, I nodded and breathed in deeply to help calm my nerves. “D-do you remember what happened a few weeks ago?” I asked quietly, his face crumpled slightly in confusion as he thought back. He nodded before scratching the back of his neck awkwardly, clearly uncomfortable talking about the situation. A few weeks ago me and Nathan went on a night out with him and his band members. Nathan was in a boy band known as The Wanted, I’d known him a long time before he joined the band and we’d managed to stay good friends ever since. I was currently in a relationship with his fellow band member Tom Parker, although I didn’t think that it was going to last much longer. Anyway I went on a night out with the band and a couple of my friends a few weeks ago, me and Nathan spent most of the night together and for some reason we were a lot closer than normal. After one too many drinks we ended up going home together and one thing led to another and that night I cheated on my boyfriend with our best friend. Me and Nathan agreed to keep it quiet and forget about what had happened, we’re best friends and that night was a complete mistake, and that is why he’s so uncomfortable talking about it. But this couldn’t be avoided, no matter how much I wish it could be it couldn’t. “Nathan,” I breathed, “I-I-, don’t hate me,” I whispered as I ducked my head before a few tears fell down my cheeks. I heard Nathan as he shuffled closer to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder pulling me into his chest. “Jessica, what’s got into you? I could never hate you,” he said as he placed a kiss on my head. I sniffed and shook my head, he would definitely hate me after this. “Please tell me, you’re worrying me.”  I took another deep breath and sat up, crossing my legs so I was sat facing him. He smiled sympathetically at me and took my hand in his for support. “Come on, spill.” “Nathan, I-I,” I paused for a moment before quickly mumbling “I’m pregnant,” The room fell into an uncomfortable silence as my eyes were fixed onto mine and Nathan’s hands. His grip loosened as soon as I said those two words and I was too afraid to look up to see his facial expression. His hand moved away from mine and I felt his finger under my chin, “Is it Tom’s?” he asked, I bit my lip and watched his facial expression, he looked scared. I shook my head lightly and his hand instantly dropped, he stood up and paced the living room for a moment before turning back to me. I could see the fear in his eyes as he watched me closely, probably to see if I was messing with him. All I could say is; I wish I was, but I wasn’t this was real. “What do we do?” he asked, I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, I’d expected him to blow up, get so angry he’d break something, or kick me out. But he didn’t, he was completely calm; at least on the outside. I shrugged my shoulders lightly, I really did have a clue what to do in this situation, I was nineteen and I didn’t even have a proper job yet, the thought of raising a child in an unstable environment made me feel sick. “You need to start by telling Tom,” Nathan said. I looked up to him and scrunched my face up, was he serious? “Nathan, you do realise what that means,” I said as I rose from my seat and moved closer to him, he nodded slightly and ran a hand through his hair. “I know, he deserves to know the truth though, especially if you’re,” he paused, “pregnant,” he whispered the last part. I knew he was right, I knew Tom had to know. I was just scared; I knew that this was the end of me and Tom, we’d been together for a long time and I truly thought he was the one, but I guess I was wrong. I ruined it for myself, there was no going back now, it was over; for good.