chapter 9

I woke up and I was in a white room.

"SHES AWAKE!"

"ILL GET THE DOCTOR!" people shouted and I covered my ears.

"GET OUTSIDE!" I heard someone say and loads of shuffling. Finally the door closed and there was silence.

"I kicked them out. I wanted some peace and I think you need it too." Kai said and yawned.

"You tired?" I said and he nodded. I moved over and motioned him to lie down and he did.

"Thank you."

"Why am I here?" I asked.

"Minhee ordered some girls to beat you up. You fell unconscious and ended up with a twisted ankle and 2 broken ribs." He said. "They gave you pain killers while you was unconscious." He said and yawned again.

"You can sleep if you want." I offered and he fell asleep. Why are you so cute? I really am stupid for falling for you again. Was this supposed to happen?

"You think aloud to much." Kai said and turned around to look at me. "Give me a chance. Let me be your boyfriend." He said.

"I-I think I already gave you a chance." I said and he kissed my forehead.

"Soojung.... Will you be my girlfriend?" Kai asked and I nodded. He gave me a kiss on my lips. It felt right, it was a short but sweet kiss.

The door suddenly opened and 17 boys flew into the room and landed on top of eachother. Kai wraped his arms around me and held my hand.

"Are you dating?" Ravi asked. Kai nodded. "Umm.... can you get out for 2 minutes please?" He asked everyone including Kai. They all got out. I could feel the tension rising as the door shut.

"Soojung. I dont think you should date him." He said.

"Why."

"I dont want him to break your heart like last time. Im only trying to protect you."

"Well I dont need protecting. Im capable by myself."

"Really? How did you end up in hospital?"

"Do-"

"No. Dont say anything. You think you can protect yourself but what happened when he broke up with you? You came running to me. Now you're in hospital because of him. Its always because of him. Im only trying to protect you. Clearly you dont need me anymore..." He stormed out of the room, leaving me crying. I didnt think about this. Everyone else came in.

"What happened? Kai asked me. I threw a pillow at him and cried.

"Excuse me, visiting time is over." The nurse said and they left. "I heard everything. I've been in the same situation, loosing my best friend." The nurse said. I looked at her. She looked like she was in her 20's which made me relax. "You can tell me if it makes you feel better." She offered and I told her everything. He gave me a comforting hug and advise. She then left. I picked up my phone. Should I text him? I decided not to since it was late. I soon fell asleep.

In the morning.

I heard the door unlock and someone enter. I turned around and saw Kai. I pretended to sleep.

"Im such a jerk. I left you crying while I chased sluts and prostitutes. You left school because of me. The biggest mistake of my life was leaving you. How can one who looks beautiful be damaged on the inside, physically and emotionally? Do I deserve you? I ruined your friendship with Ravi. You dont deserve this, I might hurt you again." He muttered he stood up and was about to leave before I grabbed his arm. He looked at me in shock.

"D-don't leave me again...." I cried. Why is my life so emotional?

"B-But I might hurt you..."

"You'll hurt me if you leave so stay..." I said and he gave in.

"Im sorry." He sat at the edge of the bed. We sat there in silence. I heard a knock on the door. The nurse came in and Kai left.

"Help me. Everything is so awkward now!" I said. "Ive lost my bestfriend and my boyfriend is awkward around me." I sighed.

"Did you message him yet?" She asked and I shaked my head. " Come on! What you waiting for? Christmas?" She encouraged. I sighed and took my phone.

To: Dork.

Im sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you, I was selfish and I didnt think about this.

From: Soojung

I sent the message. 2 minutes later he replied.

Im sorry too. Lets forget this happened. Ill take you out once you've discharged okay? :) talk to you later, im going school now.

I sighed.

"Thank you so much uhh..."

"Sunhyun."

"Thank you so much Sunhyun!" I said and hugged her tight. "Ow!" I cried in pain. I forgot my ribs were broken.

"Lie down. Im going to get pain killers." She said and left to get it. She came back and gave me the pain killers and some water.

"Thank you."

"I bumped into the doctor while I was getting the water and he told me tl inform you that you'll be in the hospital for at least a week. It depends on your recovery. The girls who beat you up got excluded." She said as I drank the water.

"Thank you."

"Oh my! You must be hungry!" I shaked my head but stomach decided to go against me. I giddled and she went to get me food. She came back and bought me spaghetti.

"Thank you!" I said and she left.

"Knock knock." I heard someone say.

"Come in." It was Ravi.

"Hi Soojung. I bought some snacks." He said and put them on the table beside me.

"Is there homework?" I asked.

"The teacher said you dont have to do it."

"Okay. Anything new?"

"Umm... the girls that beat you up are excluded... The principal made a 1 hour presentation about bullying.... Oh and Sooyong moved in yesterday. She brang your things over to our house as well." Ravi exclaimed and I nodded.

"Thanks."

"Wait....did you dye your hair again?" I asked as I ran my fingers through his soft hair and he nodded. He dyed his hair red which suited him.

"I was stressed yesterday."

"Never talk about yesterday, no matter what." I said and he agreed. "Dont you have school?"

"They let me leave early."

"More like you snuck out." I laughed.

"I missed my best friend! And I needed help!" He gave me the text book and I started explaining the algebra.