CHAPTER SIX

A/N: DOUBLE UPDATE YAY. This is a thank you for getting this book to 100 reads. it means a lot. Remember to like, comment and maybe share this with your friends. Thank you and i hope you like it!

The last three weeks were hell. There's an important mission coming up so every team had to train a minimum of five hours every day, be up at the crack of dawn to get breakfast and start our day. I pushed through it as hard as I could but the damn letter wouldn't get out of my mind, not even when I was dehydrated, almost passed out after two hours of endurance and even after I talked to my brother Marcus about it, hours and hours of extensive planning to not conclude absolutely anything.

My body is drained, I feel heavy and dizzy. Today was the last day of training, they're giving us the weekend off to eat well and mentally prepare for what is coming. We're travelling to Atlanta on Wednesday for business as my father must attend that meeting in order to get to get to an agreement but all teams will be distributed, covering every perimeter of the warehouse we're supposed to get the ammunition they stole from one of our own warehouses and the money they earned from it but we found out that the cash is located in a vault on the other side of the city so our high intelligence team will take care of that. As for mine and Marcus' teams, we'll have to intersect security and members of the enemy group to have the most attention so the rest can load the trucks and fight off the guards in the back.

Sadly, I haven't been able to see Taylor as much. The lamest excuse I came up with was that I was the assistant coach of a kids' football team and that was the reason why I was all beaten up and distracted. Now it's Friday and I'm supposed to go to her house after dinner to watch movies and I have a black eye from a punch I received after getting distracted during practice and another bruise on my jaw because that motherfucker wanted to make a clean knock out...of course I didn't let him and my instinct was to put him to sleep with an upper cut that put him in the hospital and almost out of this mission. I'm the boss, nobody takes me as a joke.

"Knock knock..." I hear Charlotte's annoyingly familiar voice entering my house. She is the only one that can fix me up with a couple make up tricks; after all she took courses and became a certified make-up artist. I've been uncomfortable ever since I asked her to help me out after practice.

"Hello." I say standing up from the couch. "Make it quick, my family will get here at any minute and I don't want them to see you here." I lie. My mom, dad and Aaron left to have some family time and walk around the city, they said they'd be back for dinner with sushi from our favorite restaurant; Marcus, on the other hand, is at Bailee's house doing God knows what but is probably staying the night there as he's been doing for the past three days. As for me, well, I'm asking my annoying, poisonous ex for help.

"Whatever." She rolls her eyes and walks over to the kitchen marble island where I placed my mom's vanity mirror. Charlotte takes the make-up out of a bag but there are too many different products. "Don't make that face." She looks up at me. "I had to buy the shades I thought were going to work so be glad I came early."

"Why couldn't you just bring your own make-up?" I groan and she puts her arm next to mine. "What?"

"I'm white as fuck, you'd look like a clown if you wore my shades." She says and I look at my tanned skin compared to her white, almost porcelain white skin.

"Oh..." Is all I say before letting her do her job.

Every time she pats the hideous sponge on my face I wince and flinch in pain as the bruises are fresh and hurt even if she strokes the softest brush against my skin. At first I was tense, not being comfortable with her being so close to me...feeling her so close to me, to my face, but then something in me relaxed and stopped thinking too much. Her soft hands work to hide the small flaws on my skin, my ex-girlfriend is helping me look decent to go see the girl I like so I have to respect that.