CHAPTER ELEVEN

A/N: this chapter is dedicated to Hanan, an amazing friend, who likes my book a lot and even tweets about it and talks to me about it and how she feels with each chapter. it means a lot to me so this goes to her. Hope you enjoy it and thank you for 400 reads! Please vote and comment, it'll make my book  rank higher and more people could read it!

**

TRIGGER WARNING: mention of sexual abuse  & violence.

The sun rises and I'm sitting on the chair in the balcony outside my room, the clock reads 6AM and I yawn, I haven't slept at all. After talking to Luca I went back to bed at three, not being able to close my eyes since and the feeling of distrust and betrayal took over my head.

Taylor is asleep on the bed, her phone is on the bedside table charging and I'm so tempted to grab it but I can't risk it, I will let Luca do the snooping. I get up from the chair and decide to take a quick, cold shower to rinse off the sweat and smell that was caused by a short gym session at four in the morning.

As I let the cold water hit my body I start trembling and breathing heavily until I grow accustomed to it. My muscles tense and I shake both hands to keep the blood flow going before I grab the soap and wash myself, humming to the tune of a 70's song to avoid thinking about how cold the water is and do things quicker. I put a little shampoo, massage my scalp a little to calm the headache and rinse it before stepping out of the shower. Wrapping the towel around my waist I walk out of the bathroom noticing Taylor isn't awake yet and her phone received a couple texts so I quietly walk towards it and see it's from Samuel but the configuration she has won't show what it says so I leave it be and get dressed with a pair of sweatpants, trainers and a black zip up since it's warmer outside and the weather app said it'd be 25° Celsius today.

I decide to walk downstairs and get myself some breakfast before waking Taylor up and tell her to get ready because we should be leaving by nine thirty and arrive to the vineyards at ten and start the tour and wine tasting.

"Good morning, sir." Paola greets me and I smile at her, grabbing a chocolate chip scone. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Everything's great, thank you." I say and she nods standing in the corner as I sit down and make myself a warm mug with milk, a teaspoon of coffee and three sugars. "Have you got any idea where Luca is?" I ask her.

"He said he's on his way." She tells me and I nod, continuing to have breakfast in silence. I spent the entire night picturing different scenarios in my head of the many different ways I could shoot Taylor, how I could persuade her into telling me everything she knows, how I could lure her brother into a trap and kill them both...but every time I was about to picture myself pulling the trigger a little meddling thought stopped me and told me to not make shit up if I still don't know what she actually does and where she wants to get. I'm still trying to understand how in two minutes I went from praising her and almost declaring my love to feeling a kind of anger that I will probably feel until it's proven if she's harmless. The only thing I'm glad about is that I hardly spoke to her about deals and business.

The clock reads eight thirty so I finish up and walk upstairs and into my room. I sit on the edge of the bed next to her and gently shake her awake. "Tay, wake up."

"No," She groans and I roll my eyes.

"Come on, I have a surprise for you but you need to get ready." I say trying to sound as believable and happy as possible. I am hurt, I feel betrayed but I have to get through this day.

"Really?" She squeals and turns around with a tired smile on her face.

"Yep," I say. "Get ready, we're leaving in an hour!" I say and her expression changes into a worried one. "What?"