CHAPTER THIRTEEN

A couple weeks go by and the plan is going accordingly. I've installed microphones in my father's office and in other rooms of the house where he usually takes his 'business calls'. Yesterday I hid one under the driver's seat of his car and another one in a conference room in a building he has near central park and my men have been monitoring everything but can't seem to find anything good. As soon as anything happens I'm supposed to follow my father or whoever is involved in the chore and get more leads to send Luca and prepare.

I'm going back to training in a week and I'm already excited, eager to start kicking ass again alongside my team. Charlie and I haven't spoken much since the incident of the last mission but I'm going to put it behind us and train him to be a better leader next time, maybe let him do it beside me to practice but we'll see.

After the shenanigans from a couple weekends ago Ava and I became friends, talked almost every day and went to get a coffee a couple of times. She's pretty cool, smart as hell and I know for a fact she can take down a couple of the men in her team, she just doesn't want to break their ego. Now I'm parked outside her house waiting for her because she asked me to drop her off at a friend's house since her car broke down and it will be at the shop until Monday.

Ava walks out of her house all dressed up and catches my attention as she walks towards my car. As soon as she gets in the smell of her perfume takes over the small space we're in and I'm pleasantly surprised by how amazing it smells.

"Hello shitface." She says and gives me a side hug as she buckles her seatbelt.

"Hey dumbass." I smile. "You smell great, I take it as you finally learned how to use a shower?"

"That was so basic." She rolls her eyes and I laugh. "I'm glad you like it, it was a pretty expensive gift I got for myself."

"It's nice, I like it." I compliment her as I drive off her driveway. "How's your mom?"

"She's fine, the medicine is working and she takes a painkiller every eight hours to back up the effect of the other pills." She tells me. Her mom recently had surgery for her hip after falling down two flights of stairs and breaking it, she also dislocated her shoulder and broke a wrist but those were minor injuries compared to the hip damage.

"When is her check up?"

"In three days." She says. I glance at her and she's typing on her phone probably texting her friends she's on her way.

"I can take her if you want to, I heard that on Tuesday your team is meeting up to plan an ambush to those guys in Colorado." I offer and she smiles at me.

"Look at you being so kind to me!" She teases me and I bite my lip shaking my head hiding the redness on my face. "Thank you but the doctor is going to go to my house and then on next Friday's appointment I might ask you to come with me in case she has trouble walking."

"Damn, I only offered for Tuesday and now you're taking advantage of me? Wow..." I laugh and she hits my thigh. "I'm kidding, just let me know the time and I'll pick you both up."

"Thank you," She says and we stop at a red light. "What's up with you today?"

"Why?" I frown and she shrugs.

"I don't know, you're kinda different. Are you happy? Did you get laid?" She asks and we burst into laughter.

"I don't know, it hasn't been an eventful day but I woke up in a good mood." I tell her and she nods slowly like she doesn't believe me.

"If you say so..." She sings. "Can we stop at a drugstore? I have to buy orange juice and gum."

"Sure." I say and after looking around for one I stop the car and wait for her to get her stuff. As I'm checking instagram my other phone starts ringing and Luca's name appears on display so I instantly answer.