CHAPTER NINE

Waking up to the sound of my phone ringing gets on my nerves because when I don't set an alarm, I expect quiet and for people to not disturb me while I'm resting but whoever is better be dying. I take the phone looking at the time and it reads two in the afternoon so I nearly jump out of bed and without looking I answer.

"Who's dying?" I say in a groggy voice, clearly annoyed.

"CAMERON!" Taylor yells and I have to pull the phone away from my ear.

"That's my name." I say as I rub my eyes.

"I'm so sorry, I fell asleep at eight last night and didn't hear my phone." She apologizes and I chuckle. "How did it go? Are you hurt?"

"Yeah but that's another story." I say and she huffs. "I need you to come to my house today, what time are you free?"

"Wait- are you home?" She asks.

"Yes, baby, it's a long story." I say standing up from my bed and going downstairs. "Is there any chance you can come? I have a surprise."

"Uh...you're scaring me." She laughs. "I can head there right now, is that okay?"

"Sure, see you." I say and then hang up. I find one of the young maids cleaning the kitchen and when she sees me she can't be subtle about her intense staring to my abs and boxers. I grab an orange juice bottle from the fridge and a muffin from the counter and go back to my room to get some pants on.

After putting on my sweatpants, I lie down in bed and scroll through my phone losing track of time until a soft knock on my door startles me. Taylor slowly walks in and smiles as she sees I'm safe and sound, the smile on her face widens as she comes closer to my bed so I move over and make space for her to lie down next to me as she drops her purse and takes her hoodie off. She carefully and quietly puts her head on my bare chest and her arm over my stomach. The feeling of her body close to mine, her head on my chest, her warmth, everything gives me a weird feeling in my stomach as I try hard not to smile like a child.

"What happened to you?" She asks without looking at me.

"To make the long story short I got some crazy news and I had no choice but to keep myself here." I tell her and she keeps quiet. "That's the surprise I wanted to tell you about."

"What?" She looks up at me.

"Two weeks in Sicily, you and me." I smile and she helps herself up and looks at me in shock.

"You're kidding." She tilts her head and I just smile. "Yes! Absolutely yes!" She kisses me and hugs me tight.

"I was hoping you'd say yes, I didn't want to go alone." I laugh and she sits crossed legged, looking at me.

"Why are we going there?" She asks and I sit up.

"I'll tell you once we are on the way." I say. "But there's only one detail."

"What?" She frowns.

"To everyone, we're going to London for a recipe book and a little holiday." I explain. "So you have to tell your family you'll be in London with me."

"Is this some type of job?" She asks.

"I don't have jobs anymore." I smirk. "I am the boss."

***

Today is filled with drama and an unbearable pain, not physical but emotional pain. The mission went down smoothly if it wasn't for one thing and one thing only: someone took Charlotte. Just by knowing that she might be in pain, hurt, in a dark, smelly, awful place with one of those assholes makes my blood boil in anger so I didn't let my team rest and summoned them all for an emergency meeting. She was in my team, why the fuck didn't they take care of her?