CHAPTER TEN

A/N: This chapter has a LOT of things going on, i hope you like it and please remember to vote/comment because it really helps me get this book to more people. thank you and enjoy!

The car ride to the manor was long and quiet, Taylor hardly slept on the plane and I feel like it had something to do with Benni being so friendly and chatty to me but I'm afraid to even assume that. Luca was waiting for us at the front door and let me know that we were allowed to go to sleep and wake up by lunch, he even had three maids show us the way to the master bedroom. Both Taylor and I gasped loudly at the king sized bed, the chandelier made of gold, the giant window that shows one of the greatest views I've seen in my life with a balcony decorated with a wonderful set of table and chairs in the middle of it, beautiful plants such as roses and tulips, climbing plants on the walls, the whole place took my breath away and it was only my room.

Now I'm lying in bed, under the covers while Taylor is taking a shower. The clock reads 10:37AM and I'm not tired, I'm still processing everything. Taylor told me she wanted to enjoy this Saturday, explore the house, walk around the property and go horse riding, yes, I now have horses, so I had one of the maids tell Luca to get two ready for after lunch. It's sunny but it is cold, spring is almost just around the corner but the chill breeze and the low temperatures at night is the reason why we're wearing warm clothing.

"Hey, Cam." Taylor calls from the bathroom.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Could you hand me a towel? It's in the top cabinet." She says so I get up from bed and help her out. I walk in and get the towel, without looking at her I hand it and walk back to bed. It doesn't take long for her to wrap herself around it, another one wrapped on her head so her wet hair doesn't drip on the floor, and sit on her side of the bed. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just thinking." I tell her and she stands up, drops the towel to the floor and walks naked in front of me and into the dresser. Minutes later she comes out in her underwear and a white tank top and lays beside me under the covers, the towel on her head prevents water from falling on the pillow. "Your feet are cold." I blurt out and she starts laughing.

"Sorry." She kisses my cheek and silence falls upon us again. "How's your arm? Did you take your medicine?"

"It's healing, I'll get it checked out today to see if they can remove the stitches." I say and pull her closer to me. "The medicine has helped a lot with the pain and tomorrow night is my last dose."

"That's great." She says tracing patterns on my chest with her fingers. "Do you want to go back to sleep?"

"No." I say.

"Is there anything you want to do?" She asks.

"Keep holding you." I say and cuddle closer to her. "Can we lie here until lunch? I'm really enjoying the peace this brings me."

"Of course." She says and without knowing it we fall asleep.

It feels as if eight hours went by but it has only been two. The maid woke me up as soon as she opened the door and apologized but told me that food was ready and there were going to introduce me to the new security team so I wake Taylor up and she quickly changes and blow dries her hair while I put on a pair of jeans, black shoes and a black tight tank top under a wool sweater, a little cologne and I'm ready to go. As a new mafia boss I wait for Taylor so we can go down the stairs together like in the movies...sometimes I'm still a kid at heart.

Walking down the long, fancy stairs hand in hand with Taylor makes me feel so powerful, I am fearless. Luca is standing next to the stairs, a strap clearly visible as he's not wearing a jacket and I can clearly see his half a million dollar watch that says a lot about his personality.