Estrogen and Progesterone

Tobio Kageyama

All I can do is replay the conversation I had with Ms. Hinata over and over.  

What happened to Hinata? Why can't she tell me over the phone? Why was she stumbling over her words? Why was she so frantic? Was Shoyo ok? Was he... NO! He's very much alive! But what if-

*SLAP!*

"OOOW!" Holding my cheek, I snapped back to attention. I turned to face the person who practically slapped my face off. It was... 

"Bug?!?!? What the hell was that?" I said, still cradling my red, stinging cheek. She looked tired, but also a little mad, like she did whenever Shoyo's yelling woke her up from a nap. 

"You stupid idiot! That guy has been calling your name for the past 5 minutes! It woke me up, but you stupid head was sitting there just shaking, like you couldn't hear! And you had this dumb look on your face, so I slapped it off!" Natsu yelled, poking her little stubby finger at my ribcage. I pushed her hand away.

"Ok, ok, I get it. Jeez, Bug!" I was kind of upset with her, not because she hit me, but because of how hard she hit me. I sighed. This would definitely leave a mark that will last for a couple of days.  

At this point, I noticed that the car had stopped and that Kuma has been standing in the car doorway the whole time. It was clear from the look on his face that he had been trying to get my attention for a while now.

"Sir Tobio! Are you ok? You were shaking, muttering, and were in a kind of stupor." Kuma said softly, and he seemed genuinely worried about me. I shook my head slightly, to show Kuma I was ok. He nodded and pulled the car door open a bit further. I latched onto the door frame and heaved myself out of the car. 

"Come on Bug, let's go. Leave the bags. We can get them later." Natsu's anger had ebbed, and she nodded at me. She slid out of the car and stood next to me. She grabbed the hem of my gray V- neck t-shirt. I looked down and saw the fear in Natsu's face. My face softened. I crouched down and let her climb on my back. She draped her arms around my neck as I clung tight to her legs. I slowly stood up and walked into the hospital.

As soon as we cleared the doors, I spotted a woman with orange hair running towards us.

"Ms. Hinata!" "Mom!"

Natsu and I both spoke at the same time, our words overlapping.

"Hey, sweetie! Tobio," Ms. Hinata said, acknowledging both of us. "I'm just gonna tell you right now," she spoke very fast, as if she was rushing against time. "The doctors say that Shoyo is perfectly healthy, but his hormones are completely out of order. He has abnormally high levels of estrogen and progesterone hormones for a male and quite the opposite for testosterone. The amount of estrogen and progesterone found in his body has...somehow...changed...it." She fidgeted as if she was trying to spit something out.

"Mommy, what does that mean? What's wrong with Hinyo then?" Natsu cried from my back. I could feel wet drops falling on my shoulder. Tears.

"M-ms. Hinata?" I stammered, nervous to hear what she was going to say.

"Shoyo...henowhasafemalebody. I-I'm sorry, I need to slow down...Shoyo is now a female. At least his body is." She spoke with her eyes shut tight, as if she could hardly believe the words herself.

"W-wwhat? I...I don't understand..." I racked my brain, trying to understand what she had just said to me. 

Shoyo? Female?

"Long story short, he has a completely female anatomy, as if he had never even been male. So technically Tobio, you have a girlfriend now," 

"But Moooom! that doesn't make any sense! Kagio is dating a BOY. Who is HINYO. So how would he have a GIRLfriend?" Natsu blubbered, tears falling even harder and faster now.

"Yeah, Bug is right. I'm gay Ms. Hinata, remember? Like, gay gay gay. I'm literally dating your SON." She sighed, as if she was about to tell me something that would change my entire life.

"Tobio, Shoyo is now a female."