The Pink Gas that Changes Everything

Tobio Kageyama

"Hinata!" I yelled, watching as he ran at full speed towards the net and jumped, believing I would deliver the ball.

With pinpoint accuracy, I set the ball, and just like it was supposed to, it hung in the air for a moment. Providing Hinata with the time he needs to make a decision.

On the other side of the net, Tsukkishima, Suga, and Tanaka were preparing to make a triple block. They simultaneously made the jump, and their block held a candle to Date Tech's iron wall. This looks bad...

"HYAH!" Hinata screamed.

Wham! Hinata not only connected with the ball but made an impossibly sharp cross-shot, avoiding the block altogether. The teams collective jaw dropped.

There was only dead silence after that. Then, all hell broke loose. I ran towards Hinata with my jaw hanging.

"What the Fuck, Hinata?!?! How the hell did you do that?" I asked while violently shaking him. He had this smug expression before he grabbed the collar of my shirt and kissed me on the lips.

"It was just a fluke~"

It was just a peck, but I felt all the blood rush to my head as I subconsciously lifted my left hand to my lips. I looked down at his stupid expression and couldn't help but smile. I lifted my right fist and hit him over the head with it.

"BOKE HINATA BOKE," I yelled, no longer even embarrassed that he had kissed me because I love him that much. He just laughed and threw his body into mine and tackled me. He looked me dead in the eyes before proceeding to tickle the shit out of me. 

I laughed. I laughed so hard my face was red and I was out of breath.

"H-hinata b-boke," I rasped, lying spread eagle on the floor of the gym.

"Sooo, the freak duo are a thing. Yamaguchi, Daichi, you owe me 20 bucks," Tsukishima commented while nudging Yamaguchi in the ribs.

"Stop you salty bitch," whined Yamaguchi, slapping at Tsuki's elbow. Tsuki had a slight smile on his face when he whispered "That's my badass,".

"Wait, how long have you guys been a thing?" Daichi asked after Coach Ukai told us to pack it up for today.

"About a week!" Yachi squealed, clearly unable to contain herself anymore. I glared at her from the floor while Hinata laughed his ass off. All of a sudden, I felt this dark aura coming from behind me. I lifted my head and saw Daichi struggling to hold back an angry Suga.

"DAICHI SAWAMURA, UNHAND ME!" Suga screeched, trying to get a hit on me.

"Koushi Sugawara, Kageyama is your son too." Daichi then turned to me and spoke again. "You and Hinata should dip. See you tomorrow."

I leaped to my feet, grabbed our stuff, and dragged Hinata out of the gym.

❤❤❤

Shoyo Hinata

"Kageyamaaaa~" I whined hanging on to his arm. He looked down at me with that smile that's only for me.

"Yes dumbass?" He said. I looked up at him, took in a sharp breath and let it out.

"Kageyama, I think I love you," I breathed. Kageyama's breath hitched and he turned his head to try to hide his blinding smile from me. Laughing, I turned his head back to me I said "no, I don't think. I know I love you." After a moment of silence, I sighed and turned away.

"I know you are emotionally constipated and all so I don't expect a response-" He turned my head and cut off my words with a soft, yet passionate kiss.

"I l-," Kageyama stuttered into my orange curls. The words he was prepared to say, his shyness, his awkwardness were all enough to melt my heart. I was beaming, waiting for him to try again as we started to cross the street. As he opened his mouth to push out five words, I caught sight of a large falling object, aimed to land squarely on top of Kageyama. I didn't think.

"Hinata, I-"

"Kageyama!!" I screamed, practically throwing Kageyama and myself out of the way. The cylinder fell, split open and this weird sweet-smelling pink gas came swirling out of it. 

My eyes widened as I tried to back away and ended up tripping. Trying not to breathe it in, I choked on the gas.

"What the hell? What is that gas?" Kageyama scooped me up and looked into my face, clearly worried. I started coughing again and my vision was starting to get hazy. My blinks were getting longer, and I was losing consciousness.

"Shoyo, what gas? Shoyo, are you okay? Sho-"

Tobio Kageyama

"Shoyo! Shoyo!" I yelled, cradling him in my arms as he blacked out. I looked back at the large metal cylinder on the ground. What gas was he talking about? Why can't I see it? I picked him up bridal style with one arm and fished into my pocket for my phone and called an ambulance. Then, the second I hung up, I called Hinata's mom and explained how Hinata had collapsed and I had called an ambulance. 

"Thank you very much Tobio, thank god you were with him," She cried into the phone.

"It's no problem. But Ms. Hinata, once the ambulance comes, should I go to your house and look after Natsu?" I asked. I could hear her let out a sigh on the other line.

"Thank you so much Tobio, that would be fantastic. When I get there, I will text updates and call if you need to get over here," She said while shutting a car door.

"Bye Tobio," She said before hanging up. I stuck my phone in my back pocket and looked back down at the light of my life. I could hear the sirens roar down the street. He was flushed and burning up. His breaths were ragged and rough and as he was put in the back of the ambulance. As the doors slammed in my face and the ambulance pulled away, I could only think of the worst-case-scenario.

What if he dies? What if this is the end?

What if I never even get to say I love you?