Intro - Disclaimers - Scene Sampler

Disclaimers/Warnings:

Vampire Academy belongs to Richelle Mead.  I own nothing of the characters and places or of the plot-lines preceding this story.  This story fits tightly into the original Vampire Academy universe.  If you aren't familiar with the Vampire Academy BOOKS (not the movie), you'll probably be lost reading this.

The first 14 chapters are almost completely unedited by anyone.  Please forgive any typos, missed punctuation, or incomplete thoughts because of my scatter-brained self.  Spelling errors are inexcusable (always), though.  If you find mistakes, please let me know.

There's a lot of mature sexual content in this book. Wherever possible, I'll mark it clearly at the beginning of the chapter and you should still be able to read the story without it if you don't like that sort of thing. (Really, who doesn't like it, though? 😜)  In retrospect, it may have been unnecessary and unwarranted, but on another site, my content rating went up from "Mature" (ages 16+, non-explicit suggestive adult themes, references to some violence, or coarse language, adult language, themes, and suggestions) to "Sexually Explicit" (ages 18+, only suitable for mature adults, explicit language, and adult themes) about halfway through the story.  If it were my kid and he was 16, I wouldn't want him reading this (just saying), although if he's anything like me at that age, he would probably read exactly this sort of content level (also just saying).

Be gentle with me; this is my first time (writing a fan fiction story). I started writing this story in November 2018 and completed it in almost exactly a year. The original is 42 chapters, but I will break it up a little more for Wattpad, even though I will keep the original chapter names. You might still see some strange remnants from the originally written dates (e.g. a note about Christmas that's published in April) in the author notes, but hopefully those will be at a minimum.

For the first few chapters, I originally had a couple of author notes in the middle where I just couldn't find a good way to articulate a similar enough situation to Richelle Mead's original storyline that would still transpire in this Alternate Universe - because they're still the same characters who act and think the same ways and external circumstances haven't (yet) changed enough to have them behave any differently. I loathe entirely when people take the people's behaviors grossly out of context in fan fiction because of one little event, as long as the original author's scenarios weren't too 'off'. I've tried to remove the mid-chapter author notes, replacing them with ellipses (...), so hopefully it still makes sense without them. 

Other stuff to mention:

If you like a chapter, please vote on it (the little star ⭐ thingie in the corner).  You can vote on each one separately and each vote means a lot to me.  I love comments, too, and I'm usually pretty good about replying.

A story wouldn't be much of a story if there wasn't some kind of conflict. This one is no different.  Richelle Mead gave us Strigoi Dimitri; what I'm giving you is better in some ways and may be worse in others.  You might hate me for a few chapters. It will get pretty rough for a while (pretty much chapters 9 through 18 are going to have you on pins and needles), but I promise a happy ending for Rose and Dimitri.  They're my ship and I love them together.

I have an author Facebook page on my profile.  You can go there or follow me on Wattpad or there for the latest updates on everything 'Addie'.  facebook.com/HonestPassion13

***

Here's a little mature scene sampler to kick this all off (this is from chapter 21, so it will give you something to look forward to when you're reading chapter 10):

I moaned loudly, almost a yell. Dimitri's body went perfectly still and his eyes went wide, half in surprise and half in fear. "Shh, Roza," he whispered, "It would be bad for both of us if we were to get caught now."

I nodded. "I know," I whispered back, "it's just so hard to control."

As his hands and hips began to move again, Dimitri said, "Once there is finally no risk of getting caught, I can't wait to make you scream. Over and over again. You have no idea how much I would love that. But please, try. For now."

My mind was telling me to be quiet, but my body was telling me now was the time to scream. The intensity of every motion was overwhelming. His wonderful chocolate eyes kept shifting between my own eyes and my body, the look of love mixed with pure desire that he was giving me only adding to the heat of every moment. My movements were beginning to get erratic and uncontrolled, but Dimitri seemed to know exactly what he was doing. At the end of every shift backwards that I made, I could feel his hands pushing my hips to suddenly burst forward with an additional pop of speed.

I was so close to coming undone, but I was so afraid that I actually would scream. "Dimitri," I breathed, "I don't know if I can keep quiet."

"Oh, Roza," he moaned gently. I didn't intend it that way, but I could see that my words had thrilled him. In an instant, he had flipped us over so that he was on top before I even realized what was happening. "Bury your face in the pillow, krasivaya," he said, "I'm going to make you scream now..."