Chapter 21 - Swapping Shifts

Author's Notes: 

Mature sexual content in this chapter. Explicit content not suitable for younger readers. To avoid it, skip past the first line break.

-=o0&0o=-

I was dreaming of the lust charm again.

Dimitri had just slid my panties off. I laid there naked beneath him. He admired me. He leaned in to kiss me. Dimitri captured my breast in one hand. His other hand moved up my inner thigh. He grazed my folds. He slid a finger against my opening, then slightly inside.

Suddenly, I was awake. I was naked in my bed, except for the blankets. And I wasn't alone. Dimitri was there in my tiny twin bed beside me, under the blankets with his arm around my waist. I could feel his skin everywhere that he touched me - a lot of skin. He must've been as naked as I was. I turned towards him.

"Hi," I whispered, smiling at him, "I love you."

"Hi. I love you, too. I've missed you these past few weeks."

"We've seen each other every day, Dimitri." I kissed him again, wrapping my arm around his bare torso.

"We have. But you didn't believe that we loved each other until this morning."

"I didn't." I smiled at that. "But I do now. And I missed you, too."

"I was hesitant to wake you up when I got here. From the sounds you were making, it seemed like you were having a nice dream," he said.

"I was," I said, catching his lips in another kiss and then nuzzling his neck, "So you just decided to take the time to take all of your clothes off and curl up beside me before waking me up?".

"Did you want me to go?" he asked, glancing towards the door with a smirk, "And let you get back to your dream?"

"I was dreaming of you. But reality is so much better than that dream right now." I pulled his body against mine and kissed him as hard as I could, practically devouring his lips. As the kiss deepened, I slid my leg around his and rolled him onto his back, positioning myself on top of him, legs on either side. I could feel the heat and smoothness of his bare erection up against my core. I knew he could feel just how aroused I was, too.

Dimitri groaned at the contact. "Mmm, Roza. That really must've been a very good dream," he said, catching my breasts in both hands and pinching a nipple.

"If you're in it, it always is," I replied, "Now that the necklace is off, I take it from your clothing choice that you're not still choosing to only kiss me?"

"I think I choose just the opposite, actually, Roza. I've been waiting for so long to show you just how much I love you."

"You've been showing me that all along, Dimitri," I said, "Thank you."

"I will never take this for granted. Knowing I can be this close to you and touch you. Having the chance to say that I love you and hear you say it back. This life we live, we may not have tomorrow, but I will love you until the day you die - no, I will love you until the day I die. I will give everything that I have to give to keep you safe and cared for. I promise that I'll always be here for you. I will never let anything happen to you," he declared.

I was stunned. Just those words were practically treason for a guardian to say to another dhampir.

And yet ... I felt the same way. "And I won't let anything happen to you, either. I love you so much."

He cut off my words with a deep kiss, tangling one of his hands in my hair and the other pressing the middle of my back to bring us closer together. His kiss felt so full of love and emotion. I loved that. I loved him. I wanted to show him how much I loved him, as much as he wanted to show me.