Welcome to the Kingdom, Scarlet

Plains Biome, OverWorld
Nighttime

"C'mon Remmy," Scarlet said to Remmy.

Remmy was Scarlet's horse. He was running as fast as he could go. Behind Scarlet was an army of Pillagers, riding their Ravagers.

Scarlet was scared for her life, as well as Remmy's. She loved him so much. To lose him to those evil, trouble-seeking Pillagers, would be devastating. Running was the only option they had.

As they made their way across the plains, lights and small houses started coming into sight. Was it a village? A town? Or just a part of Scarlet's imagination? Whatever it was, Scarlet decided to head for it. It could be the safety Scarlet so desperately needed.

"Remmy?" Scarlet said, "see those lights and houses up ahead? Run there, boy!"

Remmy neighed as he put his head down further towards the ground and began to run faster. Scarlet held onto the rope as tightly as possible so she wouldn't fall off.

Scarlet and Remmy continued to run towards safety.

MineVille was protected by a ten block high cobblestone wall. Guards were stationed outside of the wall every second; day and night. Every guard was fully armored in chain armor, equipped with the best weapons. Crossbows, iron swords, flaming arrows, and potions of harming.

They saw the incoming danger.

"Incoming!" One guard shouted loudly so that his fellow guards could hear him, "arm yourselves and shoot on my word."

One by one, every guard standing on the outside of MineVille, armed and readied their crossbows with flaming arrows.

"Wait!" Scarlet shouted, "don't shoot!"

"Hold your fire!" Victor, the leader of the Guardsmen as he held his arm straight up in the air. "Let her pass. Open the gates."

One guard ran over to the side of the wall and flipped the lever up. The sticky pistons began retracting, opening the gates to MineVille to allow Scarlet and her horse to pass.

Remmy was breathing heavily as he was getting tired from running. Scarlet noticed he was getting tired, but encouraged Remmy to continue running. They were almost to safety.

As Scarlet ran through the gates, it became apparent why she was running—Pillagers riding their Ravagers. Victor saw them.

"Close the gates!" Victor shouted, "hurry! Shut the gates!"

Victor raised his crossbow, signaling to his men that he was about to give the order to open fire. The Ravagers roared in anger as they continued to huff and puff. The Pillagers riding them, held their arms up in the air. They were holding iron axes in their hands.

"Ready," Victor shouted as he glanced to his right and left to make sure everyone was aiming their crossbows, "aim."

Once he saw that everyone was in their aiming positions, he gave the order to finally open fire. "Fire!" He shouted.

Flaming arrow after flaming arrow, everyone launched their first wave of flaming arrows at the incoming Pillagers and Ravagers.

Ceres and Merlin appeared out of thin air and immediately saw the chaos beginning to unfold.

"Pillagers!" Merlin said.

"Ravagers!" Ceres said.

Merlin and Ceres grabbed their wooden wands out of their inventory. Ceres waved his wand around in the air just above his head. The tip of his wand began to glow a bright blue.