Infiltrating the Kingdom

Kingdom of the Plains, OverWorld
Night

"Well, here we are," Daniel said as he looked down at the map once more to make sure they arrived at the right location.

Elena was standing next to him to his right. Everyone else was behind them. Everyone was wearing armor. They all carried swords, crossbows, and enchanted arrows. As everyone stood on the tree line at the end of the forest, EnderBrine suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

"So this is what the Gods gifted you, huh?" EnderBrine said as he stood to Daniel's left. EnderBrine glanced over at him and faintly smiled, "what gifts will they shower you with this time?"

"I don't want anything else," Daniel answered.

EnderBrine took a step closer to Daniel. "Oh but you know that's a lie, don't you? C'mon I know what it is you want. Tell me."

Daniel turned and walked up to EnderBrine. He got up close and personal with him. "I'm not telling you anything. That's none of your business!"

"The longer you stand here, the longer Scarlet gets away with Petra's death," EnderBrine said, "I'm willing to help you fulfil your urge for revenge."

"Last I recall, you almost killed me and Petra. Remember?" Daniel questioned.

"But did I succeed?" EnderBrine asked, answering his own question with an answer, "no!"

"That's right. You didn't win," Daniel said.

"If you don't want my help, then so be it," EnderBrine said, "I've helped you once, and I was willing to do it again."

"How is it that you're here? On the OverWorld? Your banishment wasn't over," Daniel mentioned.

"Oh that," EnderBrine said as he smiled and glanced at Daniel, "well that conversation will be for a later time. Good luck, your majesty."

EnderBrine vanished into thin air. Daniel rolled his eyes. After that, he looked over at Elena. "Ready?"

Elena nodded. Daniel then looked directly ahead at the Kingdom. He began walking forward. "Then let's go!" Daniel said.

Everyone behind them began following them. Elena looked back at her people. "Earl," Elena said, "we could use a distraction."

"It would be my pleasure," Earl said as he loaded his crossbow with an explosive arrow. He aimed it out into the open fields. He pulled the trigger. The arrow was launched. It went flying across the plains before descending and piercing the ground.

After it had landed in the ground, it exploded. Flames erupted and smoke began rising into the air. The ground shook and rumbled.

As they continued marching forward, Scarlet was awoken from her sleep by the explosion. She hadn't a clue what caused the explosion or where it occurred. She did know one thing though...something was going on.

She jumped out of bed and threw her red robe on. She put her golden crown on and ran out into the hallway. Guards were already in action, running throughout the halls in formation.

As she watched the guards leave the Castle in a hurry, Ceres and Merlin came running down the hallway. They both approached Scarlet.

"Your majesty," Ceres said, "there's been an explosion on the outside of the wall."

Scarlet, after hearing what Ceres had told her, realized what was happening. She turned her head and looked at Merlin and Ceres both.

"It's just a distraction," Scarlet said, "to lure our only protection away. That's when they'll infiltrate the Kingdom."