The Piglin's Attack

NetherWorld
The Warped Forest

After finding their way out of the Crimson Forest, Daniel, Elena, and EnderBrine were carefully trekking through the Warped Forest. There were warped trees everywhere. Their bark was almost a teal color. The wood had pulsing veins on it. They were glowing.

As they were walking through the forest, emerging from the foggy horizon, was a fortress. Endermen could be heard teleporting, and striders were seen roaming the forest. Piglin's were also spotted either hiding behind trees, or sitting on the back of their Striders.

"EnderBrine," Daniel said, "why are these Piglin's watching us? It's like they won't look away."

"Well for starters, I killed their King," EnderBrine mentioned.

"You what?!" Daniel shouted loudly at EnderBrine. He was shocked. Maybe that was the reason the Piglin's couldn't take their eyes off any of them. They hated EnderBrine and probably wanted him dead in return to killing their King. Now that Daniel and Elena were here too, walking back to the fortress with EnderBrine, the Piglin's hated them as well.

Daniel continued to spot more and more Piglin's as they got closer to the fortress. Daniel looked over his left shoulder and behind him. There were another six or seven Piglin's behind them. EnderBrine knew the Piglin's better than Daniel and Elena did.

EnderBrine stopped walking and turned around. He looked at Daniel and Elena, while also giving their surroundings a good through examination.

"When I say run," EnderBrine whispered, "I mean it! Got it?"

"What's going on?" Elena asked.

"I'll tell you when we're safely inside the fortress," EnderBrine answered. He turned around and started walking like everything was fine. Daniel and Elena followed him.

As they got closer to the fortress, more and more Piglin's appeared. They were following the three of them cautiously.

"Run!" EnderBrine said as he began running towards the fortress. Daniel and Elena began running with him. The Piglin's were no longer cautious. They charged after the three of them.

"The entrance is right up here!" EnderBrine shouted.

They were now just a few blocks away. Almost there, almost safe. Three Piglin's came running out from the trees and tried hitting Daniel and Elena. They failed in doing so. Although, they didn't give up just yet.

EnderBrine ran up to the iron door and opened it. Daniel and Elena ran into the fortress. EnderBrine entered right after them, slamming the iron door shut behind him. Just outside of the door, stood two angered Piglin's with their shiny, golden swords.

"Why did you kill their King?" Daniel asked.

"I may have pushed him off a cliff into the sea of lava," EnderBrine answered, "give or take a few details. The Piglin's and I have been at war ever since."

"I see banishment has treated you well, hasn't it?" Elena asked, asking EnderBrine a rhetorical question.

"It has—," EnderBrine began to say as he realized what Elena did. "Ahh, I see what you did there. You didn't need an answer did you?"

Elena shook her head. "No. It's good to know you're not as smart as I once thought you were."

"Anyways," Daniel said, "we don't have much time. We need to get back to the OverWorld."

"Yes, yes. Of course you do," EnderBrine said, "follow me. I'll show you where the supplies are."

They began walking down, a long narrow hallway. Where glass windows were supposed to be on the wall, there were nether brick fences. As they were walking, the Piglin's outside were following them, staring inside. They wanted to get inside, but didn't know how to.