Lost

Somewhere In the OverWorld
Day

Daniel opened his eyes. He was laying on the ground. No longer was he laying in his bed. He sat up. There was a woman next to him. She looked familiar, but he couldn't remember her name. Why was that?

He got back up onto his feet. He was surrounded by trees. Lots of trees. Looking down at the woman, he poked her with a stick, startling her. She screamed but then sighed as she saw him standing over her.

There was no one else in sight.

"Who are you?" Petra asked. "Where am I?"

"I was just going to ask you the same thing," Daniel asked.

As they were both trying to understand how they ended up here, a horse neighing was heard nearby. Daniel grabbed Petra's arm and pulled her back up onto her feet.

"Hello there," the man said as he waved his right arm back and forth in the air. The trotting, black horse approached. "Are you two—."

"Are we what?" Petra asked, "lost?"

"Precisely my question. Are you guys lost?" The man asked.

Daniel and Petra gave their surroundings a good examination. There were indeed a lot of oak trees, and a few birch trees. There were rose bushes, blue lilies of the valley flowers, and cherry bushes scattered about. There were even sheep and cows grazing the grass.

In the near distance, there was visible smoke rising into the air. It caught the attention of Daniel and Petra.

"I—I don't know," Petra responded as the man continued to examine Daniel and Petra.

Tucked in his belt was a rope lasso. He was wearing a big brown hat. He had a brown vest on with a golden star attached to it. Under the vest, he wore a blue shirt.

"Wait a gosh darn second," the man said, "I recognize you two!"

Daniel turned away from looking at the smoke. He looked at the man. "You do?"

"Yes!" The man said, "you're the King and Queen of the OverWorld, aren't you?"

"A King?" Daniel questioned.

"A Queen?" Petra asked, "I think you have us mistaken for someone else."

The man laughed. "Gosh darn tootin'!" He said, "I'm surely not mistaken. I know a King and Queen when I see them."

"Who even are you?" Petra asked.

"The name is Robert," he answered. "I'm a sheriff in a nearby town. I was out and about doing my daily terrain scouting when I came across you two."

"That smoke in the distance. Is that your home?" Daniel asked.

"Right on point, partner," Robert said, "now I need you two to come back to town with me. Our leader would definitely like to see you guys."

"Your leader?" Petra said.

"Yippee ki yay, partner," Robert said as he took his lasso off of his belt and flicked it. "I don't want to have to use this. I would come with me if I were you guys."

"If we don't? Then what?" Daniel asked.

"Well let's just say I won't be too friendly then," Robert said.

"Fine, fine. We'll come with you," Daniel said, "lead the way."

Robert wrapped his lasso back up and put it back on its holster. He reached into the satchel on the horse and grabbed a glass bottle out from it. He slowly turned around. Daniel and Petra saw the bottle. They wondered what liquid was inside of it.