Bedtime

Thor followed Dean wherever he went and listened so intently to everything he said. Though Dean felt he wasn't the most adequate teacher of the ways of earth, he felt that he was hitting the highlights. Thor was incredibly attentive and asked a lot of questions. Dean could see the hunger for knowledge in his eyes. There was a childlike eagerness for information within Thor that was endearing. As they walked and talked, Dean began to see more of what was behind that strong, powerful exterior. Beneath it was a man- a man?- who was anything but one note.

"And people talk to each other on these...relics?"

"Cell phones," Dean corrected him as he showed Thor the screen of his phone. "See? This is my friend Natasha's number. When I want to speak to her I tap this green button. Or if I want to send her a message for her to read, I do this."

Thor watched in amazement as Dean showed him.

"Is this sorcery?" Thor asked as he took the phone and looked at it from all angles.

"No...well, maybe? I guess some people think science is a type of sorcery."

"So...you can send a...text...message...faster than a messenger bird?"

Dean's phone vibrated in Thor's hand and he looked at it suspiciously.

"That means she already got the message and sent one back to me."

Thor stared in amazement. "That is...Asgard does not have this. What else does your world have?"

Dean spent the next few hours telling him about anything he asked. They even took one of the SHIELD jeeps and drove off of the base, though not without some trepidation on Coulson's part. Dean explained the function of cars and showed Thor all around the little town the makeshift base bordered.

"You mortals are full of surprises," Thor exclaimed as he looked out the window.

Dean appreciated Thor's excitement. It had the ability to rub off on Dean, who began to enjoy showing Thor everything.

"What is that?" Thor asked as he pointed at the glowing sign of a Dairy Queen. When Dean told him, he smiled broadly. "And you have royalty here?" Thor asked.

"No...well, yes, but that's just a restaurant...a place where they serve food."

"Do they have goats?" Thor asked.

"No, but they have something better," Dean promised as he pulled into the drive thru.

Five minutes later, they drove away with two blizzards. Dean took the jeep to the park across the street and took a parking space overlooking the playground. They walked along the grass toward a pavilion. When Dean looked over his shoulder, he couldn't suppress the laugh that escaped him when he saw Thor devouring his Reese's blizzard.

"You were right, Dean," he said as he finished the last of the large blizzard.

As they sat in the pavilion, Thor continued to assail Dean with questions. Soon, the night was even darker and Dean could feel fatigue setting in.

"Do Asgardians sleep like mortals do?"

"Aye. We sleep."

"Good, because I am completely exhausted."

"Perhaps I can drive your horseless chariot back?" Thor suggested.

Dean laughed at Thor's words. "It's a car...and I don't think that would be a very good idea, Thor."

When they returned to the makeshift base, Coulson gave Dean a sigh of relief.

"Been holding your breath the entire time?" Dean asked with a smirk.