The Perron Family

The first thing that came to the conscious mind of Twilight Sparkle, the moment she finally awoke, she found herself lying upon the ground. She couldn't quite recollect precisely what happened, apart from the fact that she, along with her friends, had stepped through the vortex. After that, her mind was a blank slate.

Twilight groaned as she slowly sat upon her haunches, rubbing the side of her aching head with a single hoof. Her eyes had to adjust to the sudden brightness of the morning light shining upon her field of vision. By the time she made out her surroundings, there were two things she noticed:

The first was the fact that Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Sunset Shimmer, and Spike were laid out unconscious upon the ground. The next thing is what truly made her worried. Not a trace of three of her other friends nor even her teacher could be seen. Realizing the severity of the situation, Twilight reached over and began stirring her friends awake.

"Guys!" Twilight called out. "Guys, wake up!"

"No... I don't want to go to class today," Sunset groaned sleepily. "Just have the group make another fake snow day."

Cocking a curious eyebrow at that statement, Twilight Sparkle turned away.

"What exactly have you and the Equestria Girls been up to lately?" Twilight thought.

Shaking her head of the thought, thinking it wasn't important right now, Twilight shook Sunset harder.

"Seriously! We've got a big emergency!" Twilight shouted urgently.

The rest of the girls, Spike included, groaned as they slowly started to awake.

"Aww Twi!" Spike whined. "I was really enjoying that nap."

"Well I hope you enjoy where we are right now," Twilight retorted. "Because I have no clue where we are."

"What are you talking about?"

"Look around!"

Spike and the rest of the girls rub their eyes, adjusting to the light as they too looked around at their new surroundings. They appeared to be lying besides a small lake under a large dead oak tree. Naturally there were many other dead trees littering the surrounding region, but what truly drew their full attention was the large farmhouse sitting in the clearing.

"Uh girls... Where are we?" Sunset asked.

"I'm not so sure," Twilight responded. "But that's not all that's wrong."

"Hold on a second!" Pinkie piped in, looking around. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't our cast include a lot more of us when we stepped through the portal. Because I tell you, if I'm seeing a bunch of mirror ponies like that day at the mirror pool, I hope you're ready for a whole buncha Pinkies coming out..."

Every pony looked around, realizing she actually made a point. Their other friends, along with their Princess, were no longer with them. Instead, they could be only who knows where. Pinkie meanwhile looked around in case what she said were true and an army of Pinkie Pies were bound to show up.

"No? Not a single other Pinkie but me?" Pinkie asked to herself. "Hmm... Never mind!"

"Hey guys, I think someone's coming," Spike pointed out.

The group turn behind them as a vehicle headed toward their direction. They quickly jump to their feet and rush behind the tall oak tree, cautiously peeking their heads out. A 1970's wood-paneled station wagon, with New Jersey license plates, driving down a gravel driveway. The station wagon comes to a stop in front of the house.

Stepping out is the driver, Roger Perron, a lean man in his early thirties and his wife Carolyn, who's simply dressed, and her hair pulled up – also early thirties. Hopping out of the back are their girls Andrea, Cindy, April, Nancy, Christine, and the family's black lab, Sadie. Everyone is excited, except for Andrea – a mixture of raging hormones and adolescence. She takes in her surroundings, groaning in annoyance.