Chapter 11- First Name Basis

~Annas POV~

About 5 minutes ago I watched Draco walk out of the great hall. I assumed he was going to our meeting spot. I slowly got up.

"Good luck and don't do anything stupid." Lily said.

I walked through the halls and got to where he wanted us to meet. I could see him in the green grass with his hands in his pockets looking down at his shoes.

"Whats up?" I asked, stepping closer.

He looked up at me and gave a small smile. I had no clue what was going on. I hoped we weren't going to talk about how awkward it was later. We were the only ones outside and it was a beautiful evening. The sun hadn't started to set yet but there was a golden tint on the castle walls.

"I thought we better talk." He said. We went over and sat on one of the benches.

"It's true." He said with much more confidence than before.

"I smelt your rose candle, and you." I tried not to smile but I couldn't help but blush a bit.

"I like you and I was wondering if you would come to the Yule ball with me?" I was shocked.

I wasn't planning on going. I didn't know what to say so I paused. His face drained for a second and he looked down.

"Ya. I would love to come with you." He looked up and we both smiled at each other.

He gave me a hug and he walked me back to the Hufflepuff common room. That was bad. Part of me knows I shouldn't have said yes. I did like him but what would others think? I mean a Hufflepuff and a Slytherin? But the other part of me wants to go with him, I don't care about what other people think.

"See you tomorrow Anna." He said as we approached the common room.

"See you tomorrow Draco." I said in response as I walked in and closed the door behind me.

"Did I just hear you two call each other by your first names?" Lily said, all excited.

Did we? I just thought it was natural and wasn't a big deal. But to Lily it was.

"You do like him huh. So what happened?" She asked. I went over and sat down next to her on the couch.

"He asked me to the Yule Ball." I smiled.

I never thought I would say that. Lily's mouth dropped. She was just as surprised as I was.

"No way! And?" All of a sudden she seemed a lot more interested in our conversation.

"I said yes!" We both smiled and laughed but then her face dimmed.

"I'm so happy for you Anna." She said with a smaller smile. I knew something was up.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's just you're gonna have a date and get to go, which is amazing don't get me wrong but I won't." She looked down at her twiddling thumbs.

How hasn't Harry asked Lily out yet? They've been talking non-stop through the halls, laughing together and even going to Hogsmade on weekends.

"What about Harry?" I asked.

"Well apparently he asked Cho but she wants to go with your brother even though I don't think Cedric has asked her. So I obviously wasn't his first choice." Stupid Harry.

"Well have you talked to him since then?" She shook her head.

"I would ask him. He might have a good explanation. Maybe it's just a rumour." I tried to get her hopes up and I think it worked a bit but not enough to get her to talk to him.