Chapter 16- The Morning Of

(there's gonna be a lot of small chapters for the next bit because it's the ball y'all!)

~Lily's POV~

It's the morning of the Yule Ball. All classes have been cancelled for the day. Everyone was running around frantically in preparation for tonight. I was still really upset and ticked off about Harry but I'm hoping I'll forget about it all tonight and just have fun. I didn't mind the fact that I'm going with Cedric and I don't think he does either. I've known the Diggorys for a few years now and I feel like I'm a part of their family. I appreciated Cedric stepping up, I know he'd probably rather go with someone else, but it's too late now. I was really excited to wear my dress that I picked out last weekend. I walked down the stairs to the common room to see Anna helping the other girls plan their hair and makeup.

"Lily! Thank god you're awake. I need to know whether you want me to curl your hair or leave it straight but in a half up half down kind of thing." I laughed. I had no clue, I just woke up.

"Do whatever you think will suit me I guess." I really didn't care too much. I had other things on my mind.

"Ok then I'm going to do the half up half down with curled hair." She kept running around talking to all the girls. I yawned a few times and decided to help out Anna as best as I could.