Chapter Six

Virgil and Roman were laying on the couch rewatching Moana . It was a few weeks after their conversation about Patton. They were both at a loss. They hadn't figured out the feelings and they hadn't talked to Patton about it, scared they would freak him out.

While they were cuddled on the couch and watching the movie, Virgil's phone started ringing. He looked at it and saw that it was from Patton. This made him concerned, as it was rare that he called without texting him first, asking him if he was available. He picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Virgil..."

Virgil was taken aback. It sounded like Patton was crying.

"Hey Patton, what's the matter buddy?"

"Can you give me a ride? It's raining, cold, and late, and I don't have my wallet so I can't pay for a hotel or anything. I'm standing outside the bakery." He sounded like he was panicking. Virgil instantly got up, much to the confusion of Roman. He turned to Roman and put up a one minute finger.

"Of course buddy, I'll be there soon."

He hung up and Virgil grabbed his jacket and keys and explained to Roman what was going on.

They rushed to Virgil's car and quickly got in. As they drove, Virgil pondered what could have caused Patton to be so upset.

They parked by the bakery and walked quickly to where they saw Patton standing in the rain, his cat hoodie pulled up. He was looking down, the saddest either of them had seen him.

"Patton!" Virgil called but he didn't seem to hear so Virgil tried again.

"Pat!" He looked up this time and he gave Virgil a sad smile but he looked like he was about to break down sobbing.

Virgil ran over to him and pulled him into a hug, knowing that he enjoyed the feeling.

He hugged him back with full force and started to cry into his shoulder, leaning down as he had a few good inches of height on him.

Virgil gave him a few good pats on the back to comfort him though he wasn't really sure what to do. After a couple of minutes he pulled away slightly so he could speak to him.

"Let's get to the car and get you home buddy." He grabbed his hand and led him to their car. Patton got in the back and Virgil got behind the wheel. Roman gave Patton a small sad smile and they all head back to the apartment.

They pulled up into their apartment complex and went up to their home. When they got in they sat him down on the couch and got him some water.

"Here, drink this, you probably lost a lot of water. If you like I can make you some tea."

Patton gave them a weak smile. "Thanks guys, and yes, some tea would be really nice if it's no trouble."

Roman got up to go get some tea, "It's no problem at all Patton."

There were a couple minutes of a comfortable silence as the tea was made and Patton drank the water that was given. Once Roman returned to the room, Patton thanked him for the drink. Virgil made a move to turn on the TV and turned on a random channel that was playing some cartoon. Patton hummed in acknowledgement though he didn't seem to be paying attention.

When the show ended Patton spoke up.

"I guess I owe you guys an explanation," He said solemnly.

Virgil turned off the TV and turned to Patton, giving him his full attention. "Only if you want to, you don't owe us a thing."

Patton looked at them with a mixture of pain, regret, and sadness in his eyes but he almost seemed determined. "I think it will help if I get it all out."