We're Really Fucked Up

Izuku Midoriya

5 minutes. We only spent 5 fucking minutes messing around with flour, and the kitchen is a disaster. There's flour on everything. the fridge, the stove, the cabinets, the fruit bowl, everything.

Sighing, I heaved myself from the pile, pulling Shoto up after me. I reached for Bakugo next, staying far enough away that he would have to extend his arm to let me pull him up. I wanted to give him the space to decide if he would accept my help. I don't expect Bakugou to be able to change overnight, and so as long as he's trying, I don't mind so much.

He looked at my hand for a minute before hesitantly taking it. We interlocked fingers and I pulled him to his feet. Once I let him go, I could see Shoto standing there, smiling that soft, shy smile. I raised my eyebrow. 

"What? Why are you looking at us like that Babe?" I asked, curious about the answer. He looked a bit embarrassed that he'd been caught staring but spoke nonetheless.

"He let you help him. The only other person he's let do that is..." his voice dropped at the end. It was clear who he was talking about. "Anyway, I think this is healthier for both of you. No more superior and inferior nonsense, more like equals." I was kind of stunned. I had had the same observation, but I wasn't able to put it into words as quickly as Shoto was. Bakugou stood there for a moment, then smirked again.

"Yeah, guess you're right," he murmmered. He was speechless. It seems he had been thinking of that too. After a moment of stunned silence, Kacchan clapped, throwing each of us one of the brooms Aizawa had apparently left for us. "Let's get to work."

🧹🧹🧹

We listened to music and cleaned. B this time, our classmates had eaten and placed their dishes in the dishwasher. Some even thanked us, but that was mostly everyone who wasn't there last night. We started with sweeping. During this time, we sang and danced to some Panic! at the Disco and Twenty Øne Piløts.

As we moved to wiping down counters, the music became more so background noise than anything and we had some...heavy conversations.

"Hey, weird question, Bakugou." Shoto said from the oven.

"What, Icyhot?" Bakugou sighed. He was standing on a ladder, and wiping the remaining flour off the ceiling.

"Have you ever not wanted your power? Like, wanted a different quirk?" he mused as he pulled our cakes from the oven. I took in a deep breath. Inhaling the intoxicating smell of lemon, matcha, vanilla, and red velvet cake, I sighed.

"Yeah. All the time. I mean, yeah it's cool having a powerful quirk but I've had to pay some...pretty high prices." Bakugou murmered.

"Hmm. What do you mean, Bakugou?" Shoto asked, putting our cakes on the stove.

"Oh. I actually haven't told anyone, but-"

"Using your quirk has deteriorated your vision and hearing?" I interjected, leaning against the counter, then sliding to the floor and lying down.

"Deku! how did you-"

"I think you forget that I've spent years idolizing you. I noticed that you have really small hearing aids and that your hero mask has a protective layer that sort of acts like sunglasses when you use your quirk." I snickered, shocked nobody else noticed. He sighed, folded up the ladder and laid down on my right. Shoto looked between Kacchan and I, with his mouth hanging open. Then, he spoke up.