It Sounded like a War Cry

Shoto Todoroki

I slammed the door as hard as I could, nearly hitting Midoriya in the face, but I didn't care.

I was in such a blinding rage, all I wanted to do was get away from them. I don't want to hurt anyone.

I drop my left arm, and I can feel my skin ripping open. I cry out and see my left arm encased in razor-sharp icicles. For a second, I'm confused and don't know where they came from.

Then I remember.

"Don't touch me!" 

I drop to the floor, the look of terror on Midoriya's face as I nearly impaled his arm. On purpose. 

I rake my hands through my hair as tears slip down my cheeks hot and fast. All the sounds around me seem muted now as if I'm underwater. I can't hear, I can't breathe or even see. Everything in front of me is blurry, all I can see is a cascade of circles of light. In the light, I see the silhouette of the man that has plagued my nightmares for as long as I can remember.

I whimper as I scoot away from the figure, scared of what he would do to me in this condition. I start shooting small ice projectiles at him, trying to keep him away from me.

"Get away from me!" I shout at the mass of red and orange. The ice melts before it even hits his body. I try to stand, but my left leg screams in pain and gives out before can even steel myself against the wall. 

"Leave me alone!" I scream, my tears leaking into my mouth. "Haven't you taken enough from me?" Without saying a word, he continues to lumber toward me. I begin to sob in earnest as I'm backed against a wall, unable to see where I should turn next. 

Fear washes over me, a fear so strong and potent that I was frozen in place. 

He knelt in front of me and reached for my shorts. I kicked at him as hard as I could, then poured all o m energy into an ice attack, to make sure he could never lay another finger on me again. 

I let out a guttural scream as ice continued to shoot from my hand. I could feel the frost slowly encasing my left side as I created a wall so thick and high that it pierced what should be the ceiling. 

My ice stopped forming as I fell forward from exhaustion and the frigid temperatures. It felt like my organs were slowly freezing. I tried to warm myself, but it was no use. I'm finished.

"Die you piece of shit," I croaked before everything went black. 

Katsuki Bakugou

"Do go after him, let him calm down." I sighed, watching as Deku's arm nearly became a Trypophobic nightmare. He turns to me and nods. Then without warning, he fell backward and landed with a thud. I stifle a laugh when I see the look of shock on his face. I need to make him smile.

" Goddamn, how thicc are you?" I say with a wicked grin, moving to help him off the floor. He smiles a bit. Golden.

"Kacchan, are you calling me fat?" He raises his eyebrow at me, as if challenging me to say yes. I grab his shoulders and look him straight in the eyes.

"Yes," I deadpan. He tackles me and we wrestle for a minute, then he throws me down onto the ground and sits on top of me. Preventing me from getting up.

"I guess being fat has its advantages," he says before winking at me. I let out a snort, and not even seconds later we're laughing so hard that I can hardly breathe.

Just as we calmed down a bit, a cry from the hallway drained the laughter out of me.

IcyHot.

We leaped to our feet, and burst through the door to see IcyHot on his knees in the middle of the hallway. As Deku goes to approach him, I throw him back into the room.

"Med-kit!" I scream, too nervous to take my eyes off of Todoroki. I hear Deku bolt to the bathroom behind me, then stop.

"Kacchan, we used it last night! We forgot to request a new one!" He cried.

He was right. The memories of patching up Deku's wrists hit me like a train. I never pressed the request button.

"Press it anyway!" I shout back, knowing full well that new med-kits are only delivered at 7:00 AM and 4:00 PM. I think for a second, then I realize what we should do.

"Deku! I'm going to grab the med-kit from your room!" I shout and take off running down the hallway, not waiting for consent. I ran, craning my head to make sure IcyHot was still there. He was, but blood was starting to pool at his feet. I turned back around and crashed through Deku's door.

I ran into his bathroom and grabbed the kit from a hook underneath the sink. Just I was about to close the cabinet, I see a flash of metal, hidden underneath a bottle of lotion. I lift the lotion and find about 7 blades from razors in a small clear box. I don't know how long I've been there when I hear IcyHot scream.

"Get away from me!"

"Leave me alone!"

 I snatch the razors, stuff them into my hoodie, then race down the hallway. I see him, shooting ice projectiles. I look around for the enemy, but no one is there. He looks so scared, tears are flowing down his cheeks. "Haven't you taken enough from me?" He shouts. With those words I know who he's seeing.

His father.

He's hallucinating.

I'm sprinting now, running to wrap him in a hug and show him that it's not real. He lets out a painful scream that forces my legs to move even faster. Just as I leap forward to reach him, I'm pulled out of the hallway and into a room.

My room.

I look up and see Deku with a relieved expression on his face. I kick him in the chest and send him flying. Just I was about to step into the hallway again, a wall of ice comes crashing past the door. A spiky wall of ice that would've killed me if I was still in the hallway. I whip around to see Deku getting back on his feet.

"It was the scream," he rasped, walking toward me and the door. 

"It sounded like a war cry."