Chapter 1 - Deal with the damned

Professor Samuel Loomis banged his fist on the desk asking for silence , the boys and girls attending his lesson stopped laughing and fooling around with each other, the class became silent. Loomis spoke '' Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention please, we have recently undertaken one of the most controversial subjects in our psychology class, I'm refferring to the dark criminal side of the human mind''.

Some of the faces on the scholars illuminated with excitement as if they knew what the professor was about to say next . Loomis continued '' I am rather acquainted with the subject matter, I guess many of you are already informed about my involvement in the Michael Myers cases that left Haddonfield county in a state of constant dread for several Halloweens since 1978.''

Almost all the class knew about Loomis's past exploits against notorious serial killer Michael Myers, that was the reason many joined the Psychology class in the first place, Loomis was regarded as somewhat of a legendary hero around the faculty.

''I have been tied to these terrible events for what seems like an eternity and obviously I will never be able to shake free of my link that binds me to Myers's cruel and evil reign of terror.... But today I'm not here to tell you a tale and further sensationalize those events'', some of the faces darkened with slight disappointment '' Today we will dig deep into the heart of darkness by trying to understand and uncover the motives of some of the most evil and cunning murderers of the last 40 years ''. Loomis's eyes glanced across the class room staring carefully into the eyes of his knowledge hungry students. The look on Loomis's face was one of serious reflection, as if the subject he was about to tackle disturbed him on a personal level. He started walking back and forward in front of his class and said ''Can anyone of you list me some of the most ferocious killers of our time?'', a few hands shot up ready to be chosen by Loomis, many names of infamous maniacs and killers were spoken '' Jason Vorhees, Jedidiah Sawyer, Matt Cordell, Charles Lee Ray, Freddy Kueger'', some of the students even acknowleged the places where the killings took place such as '' Camp Crystal Lake, Sawyer farm, Elm street''.

Loomis nodded his head in approval of the names he just eard and replied '' Very well, these killers and their crimes are indeed the hands that have shaped contemporary life in the last century: Your front doors are no longer left open ,hitchhikers aren't going to find a car ride as easily as they used to and the girl next door isn't as eager to catch up with her new neighbor. It would be foolish not to link society's mistrust to maniacs like Leatherface, Myers or Jason... But is it just them and their deeds who have fainted the hearts of so many people or is it the legends they left behind them, some of these savage creatures have become larger than life, their stories known all around the world. Some victims who have encountered them also claim they are of supernatural origin'', Half the class giggled and laughed at the word supernatural, Loomis smirked and continued '' Of course we are quick at dismissing this otherworldly notion but what if there's a grain of truth in these claims, what if their crimes are not just fueld by rage and mental illness, what if Jason Vorhees truely rose from crystal lake to reap new victims, what if Freddy Krueger's soul came back to haunt the dreams of Elm Street teenagers like a living nightmare, or if Charles Lee Ray transferred his spirit into a Good Guy Doll named chucky, and What if Michael Myers was really a pawn used by a Diety worshipping cult'', the latter phrase sent a shiver down Loomis's spine.

The class fell silent until a girl sitting in the front row asked ''Do you believe in these stories Professor Loomis?'', Loomis stared at her with wide contemplative eyes and replied ''I believe the world must open it's eyes on the truth, we've been sleeping all this time and made the same mistakes over and over, kids have visited Crystal Lake many times only to be found in pieces the next day but that hasn't stopped other youngsters from repeating the same mistake, others have broken into the Myers house on Halloween and have gone missing, people never change because they don't believe, they are utterly sure the monsters are dead every single time and every single time they are wrong.'' Loomis thought about the past and how his life was ruined not by Michael Myers but by the people that did not believe his claim that Myers was no longer human and still at large, his years of work as a psychiatrist at Warren County Smith's Grove Sanitarium were put into discussion till Loomis was rejected by society as a crazy person, his reputation eventually cost him his position as the respected Doctor Samuel Loomis, he was lucky he managed to find a job at the prestigious California Academy where everyone seemed to be curious about his past ventures as the hunter of Michael Myers AKA the Shape.