Chapter 47

It's been a few days since Christen flew here in Seattle and my closet also became her closet as I set aside a portion of it for her clothes and she would sometimes be wearing my clothes too, which I don't really mind. She looks good in them anyway.

Right now, Izzy and I are at the pool area since it's a Saturday and it's been a while since she trained and we make it to a point where she never misses her weekend training so her time won't go down.

Christen is meeting up with Pinoe and Sue because the couple found out that Christen was here and demanded a breakfast date, they invited me too but I really have to coach Isabella since we won't be able to swim in the afternoon since she has a game at 5, she needs a nap after this.

"Izzy, small but fast kicks, keep your chin down, your ear should touch your biceps remember that. Oh and please keep your fingers closed, don't let me get the paddles. Okay, last set, breath every 10, then we're off to sprints."

She nodded her head, did bubbles before pushing off from the wall to do the drill. I stood beside the starting block with my hand on my hips as I watched her do the drill I gave her.

I was fumbling with the stopwatch dangling on my neck when a voice startled me.

"Well hello there coach Martins."

My head snapped up and I saw Chris. Pinoe and Sue standing there. I grinned and gave them a hug.

"Hey guys, Isabella isn't done with training yet so you guys could watch her if you want."

They nodded and stood beside me as Isabella swam the last 100 meters.

"I bet I could beat you in a race."

I rolled my eyes at the short blonde haired woman and smirked.

"You have been saying that since we were in college Megan, and you always seem to eat my bubbles, almost even drowning at one point and I always end up dragging you outside the water."

She put her hands up in surrender and moved closer to me.

"Hey! That was one time and besides, I have been practicing."

I laughed and nodded my head.

"Whatever you say Rapinoe."

I noticed that Isabella was done so I sat beside the starting block so I could be closer to her so she would hear my instructions.

"You need to glide more, you're just tiring yourself out if you just keep pulling, but you did great bubs. Now time for sprints, get on the starting block you're doing diving."

She nodded her head and lifted herself up. She took a gulp of water then started jumping around to loosen her body a little bit. She noticed her the women behind me so she sent them a smile and a small wave before putting her goggles back on.

"LET'S GO ISABELLA!!"

"YOU COULD DO IT ISSA!!"

"MARTINS NUMBER 1!"

I saw my daughter grin at the cheering from my friends and my girlfriend but I saw that she had her game face on.

"Short or long?"

She thought ffor a second before replying.

"Short."

"Okay then, we're doing 100 free, then back, breast, fly, IM. You have to shave some seconds on your best time, you think you can do that?"

She gave me a determined nod and got on the starting block.

"Take your mark...."

She held the ends of the board, ready to dive in the water.