rita skeeter's new scoop

Not me smelling my Cedric-scented perfume while writing this-

House- Hufflepuff

Year- 6

***

"Tomorrow will be the day of deciding who the Champions for the 3 schools," Dumbledore said ending his speech.

Everyone buzzed with excitement and I looked at Cedric who was grinning. "Are you entering?" I asked him- he was sitting next to me.

"I'm thinking about it," he answered and I spotted my twin who was a few seats over, talking to a few girls in our year.

We weren't 17 for a few more months so thank goodness I didn't have to worry about her entering. Mum and dad would have a cow and be mad at me for not telling them.

KC always gets away with things that makes her the perfect partner in crime but makes it hard for you to win if she's your opponent. I usually stick with her being my partner. Cedric was already 17 and I can tell he was excited about this.

Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw barely got any glory and if one of us from those houses wins- imagine. We'll finally be known.

I hadn't realized the plates were filled with food until Cedric nudged me and asked me what something was.

"That's bouillabaisse. It's really good," I tell him as I got some for me.

My mum's french so KC and I know a ton about France and it's culture from her.

Once the feast ended, I went over to KC and our friends, Hannah and Sofie. "Why didn't you come with us?" Hannah asked with a slight frown.

"Cedric and I came together from the common room," I answered with a shrug but her and KC exchanged smirks.

"Look, whatever your thinking- don't, it only gets you- and me into trouble," I tell KC and walk away with Sofie.

Hannah and KC are the troublemakers and always manage to get me and Sofie involved.

"Are you entering?" I ask Sofie. She turned 17 a few days ago. "No, I'm good," she said, looking down to make sure we don't trip over any trick steps.

I didn't want to push her because I'm not like KC so I just shrugged.

***

"Kimberly! Look who's putting his name in," KC said calling me once I entered the Great Hall. I woke up a few minutes later than the girls because I like my sleep. I took my time in the shower and made no rush like everyone else to go to the Great Hall.

"Who?" I ask grabbing a seat across from her and next to Sofie.

"Cedric!" Hannah and Sofie answered for her. "Sweet," I said and put some bacon on my plate.

We heard cheers as Cedric entered the Great Hall, blushing. He went over to the goblet and put his name in it.

"Whoo!" I cheered along with everyone else.

He spotted me and made his way over to us.

"Hey, I hope you get in," I say to him as he stole some bacon from my plate. "Yeah, me too," he grins.

The rest of the day went by in a whir- I tried so hard to pay attention in class, but it was no use. Everyone had the tournament on their mind- some of the Professors gave up teaching us and let us go early.

It was time to go to the Great Hall for the feast and for the champions.

Cedric and I exchanged nervous glances as we entered the Great Hall together.

"Kim!" KC said and patted a seat next to her. I sat next to her and Cedric sat next to me.

"Don't you want to be with your other friends?" I asked him raising an eyebrow. "Need my good luck charm," he said and I blushed but smirked at him to play it off.

Dumbledore announced the two champions for the other 2 schools- Krum and Fleur.

"And the Hogwarts champion- Cedric Diggory," he said and I felt my body go numb.

KC nudged me to start clapping and I cheered for him along with everyone else.

Cedric made his way to the chamber where Krum and Fleur were and the goblet started to erupt another piece of parchment.

Everyone gasped- including me when Dumbledore revealed who the 4th champion was.

"Harry Potter,"

Everyone- included me- looked at him as he made his way to the chamber.

"But's only 14!" Sofie said with a frantic look on her face.

"He obviously didn't put his name in. Did you see the look on his face?" I hissed when KC accused him of breaking the rules.

"Ok, ok," she said raising her hands up and I rolled my eyes.

"Your just being dramatic. I'm sure it's a huge misunderstanding," I said eyeing the Weasley twins who were looking confused.

They tried crossing Dumbledore's age line and grew beards.

***

"Hey," Cedric said to me once he entered the Hufflepuff common room. Everyone erupted in cheers- including me and my twin.

Cedric tried to push his way out of the crowd to get to me. I decided I would congratulate him later when the crowd died down so I got a head start on my essay for Potions.

"Hey, congrats," I tell him, not looking up from my parchment. Sofie was doing her Charms homework. "I'm tried- good night," she said and closed her book and left.

KC and Hannah were partying with some of Cedric's friends.

"Aren't you gonna celebrate?" I asked him nodding my head towards KC.

"Can't I just be with my favorite person? It's like your trying to get rid of me," he said with a pout.

"I was just asking," I said feeling bad.

"I was just kidding- I know you love me too," he said with a grin.

Well, I don't know about the way your talking about- but I do love you.

Wait, what am I saying?!

"Yeah," I said writing some more stuff for my essay. "I'll see you tomorrow then? You look busy," he said picking up the book I was reading for the essay.

"Ok," I tell him, stifling a yawn.

Ok I know this part was boring but it'll get more interesting.