don't try to make your ex jealous

VOTE VOTE VOTE (thanks!)

This is a short story for Fred Weasley <3

The Weasley twins are slept on

***

"Cass!" he called my name. I decided to ignore him just like how he ignored me over the summer.

Remember Cassie, new year, new me. New year, new me. Ne-

"Cas-"

"What do you want?" I snapped at Fred, my ex-boyfriend.

"I'm sorry I-"

"I don't want to hear it. I hope your happy being single because I sure as heck am," I said and left him alone.

It was my sixth-year at Hogwarts and I sure as heck am going to miss this place. I spot Katie and Angelina and walk with them to the Great Hall.

"Did he talk to you?" Angelina asked me and I paused. "He did but I walked away," I said and they both just grinned.

Professor McGonagall brought out the Sorting Hat and the first-years were sorted.

Every time a first-year joined Gryffindor, I clapped and cheered along with my house.

Let me just tell you how Fred and I started going out.

We were in Charms cleaning up the mess we both made because our spells collided causing pillows to burst out with fluff. Mr. Flitwick left us to go eat lunch and then he just kissed me and I liked it so I kissed back.

Ever since that day in January, he's been mine and I was his.

Was.

See, the thing was, I wrote to him ever since we got out of Hogwarts and no the only reason we broke up was not that he ignored me. We joked around plenty of times, that's how we became good friends.

We broke up because he decided to never tell me about his plans for his joke shop. We tell each other so many things and this was one of the things he lied to me about. Every time I saw him, George, and Lee Jordan speaking in hushed whispered they always changed the subject when I came.

I obviously came to two conclusions.

He's cheating on me or wants to break up with me.

Both obviously hurt so I just did the dirty task of sending him an owl in the middle of July saying he's single and that if he's happier without me, then I'm fine with it.

Both our parents know we're together but I never told my parents I broke up with him. I don't know if he told his.

"Finally, I'm starving," Lee Jordan said and I shot him a glare. "What?" he asked innocently.

Too innocently.

"Why are you here and not with... your friends," I said with a suspicious look on my face. "Aren't you three my friends?" he said with a pout and Katie laughed.

"No- I mean yes we're friends- but you always eat with... your other friends," I replied. "I like to switch things up for a while," he said not missing a beat.

I see Fred and George looking at us with hope in their eyes.

Oh, it's on Fred Weasley.

"I'm glad your here. I need to talk to you about one of your friends," I said as casually as possible.

He perked up and listened with all his might.

"Could you tell Cedric that I find him... cute and that I was wo-" I started but Lee cut me off.