Day Off

Ben

After waiting for so long, it was finally happening.

Ben Solo was getting a day off.

He had been looking forward to it tremendously, and now it had finally come.

Ben had gotten to sleep in for as long as he wanted, only waking up to kiss Rey goodbye. He practically begged her to stay in bed with him, and when she wouldn't budge, Ben drifted off again. He took a lengthy, relaxing shower before changing into a t-shirt and sweatpants. Then, he ate the breakfast that Rey had made for them.

And as Ben sat in his chair think of what to do next, he realized just how boring of a day off it was going to be with his wife at work.

He could go shopping for food, but then again he'd already done that a few days ago.

He could go up to his parents' house, but then he'd remembered that they had jobs of their own that they had work.

Then, Ben got an idea. He could go and visit his grandchildren.

He didn't know how much time had passed for them in the living world since Zander's death, but it wouldn't hurt to check up on them.

Ben closed his dark eyes, and when he opened them, he was in Rey's old home.

Several adjustments and modifications had been made to the living space since his wife and son had lived here together twenty year ago. Now that there were five young children roaming about it, bedrooms had to be added and areas needed expansion. Zander, being the handy mechanic and engineer like his mother and grandfather before him, took this all upon himself.

His family must miss him terribly.

Ben found himself in his grandsons' room. All of the children were in there, as if they knew he was coming.

Leia-Rey sat in the middle of the floor, her legs folded into a meditation pose. Anakin sat up in his bed with little Cora perched on his lap. Sayla lay sprawled out on Benji's bed, while he seated himself at the edge with his legs dangling over.

All five of them perked their heads up when they sensed his presence, crying out in unison "Grandpa Benny!"

Now, when anyone would call him "Benny", even as a kid he would retort.

Not even Rey could get away with calling him the distasteful name, as he would wince and retaliate by
invoking her cursed nickname, "Rey Rey", one she hated with an equal passion.

But there was something about his grandkids saying it that didn't make him mind it.

They all hopped up from their resting places to greet him.

Ben found himself in the center of the room surrounded by them. He sat, and they did the same forming a circle around him.

"Hey, kids."

He tried his best to give them all cheery smile, seeing their little faces all so sad.

"Grandpa Ben, have you seen our daddy?" Two year old Cora was the first to talk. With her blonde hair and wide eyes, she looked very much like Sienna, Zander's widow.

"Yes, I have."

Ben once again tried for a smile, though it was breaking his heart seeing these children that he loved so much endure this undeserved pain.

"He's okay. Don't you worry about him, Grandma and I are going to take care of him now."

"When can we see him again?" asked thirteen year old Anakin, who looked like the older, male version of Cora.