Chapter 1: I'm Still Dreaming

Ashley's POV

I was currently sitting at my desk on my computer. It was about three in the morning, but I couldn't sleep.

Click click click click click click.

I typed away on the computer.
I was doing something that you don't see Ashley Dollie do often. Research. But this was a time when I had to.

Click click click click click click.

Strange things had been happening to me. I've been having weird dreams, and my friends have been doing weird stuff. It all started right after I got back from the Nether.
~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~
"Oh come on Ashley. It's just a dare. It's not like anything is going to happen." Susie begged, trying to get me to go into the Nether. We, as in my friends and I, were playing a game of truth or dare, and that was my dare.
"But he lives there." I shot back, referring to none other than Herobrine himself.
"Oh, don't be silly. It's just a stupid old myth." Brittany said, rolling her eyes.
I sighed. "I guess you're right." Sarah looked at me and nodded hesitantly. I sighed and stepped in-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Ah ha!" I exclaimed, my flashback being interrupted by something that had just randomly popped up on the computer.
I quickly skimmed the page.

"I know what you're thinking. Herobrine and his guards are just a myth. Right?" I read on my computer screen. "Wrong. I can prove it, too. It happened to my best friend. Let's see if the same thing happened to you.
There is this place in the Nether that has more lava than normal. Most people won't think much of it, because it's the Nether. There is lava.
Once you keep walking there is this thing that looks like a type of abandoned guard box. Let me tell you. It's not abandoned.
Because it looks abandoned, most people won't think much of it, so they continue. After a few more steps... you awaken them." I paused. That's pretty much exactly what happened to me after I went into the Nether. Rubbing my eyes to keep them from closing, I continued reading. "They can sense your presence, and if they have sensed your presence, it's too late. They automatically know everything about you. Your name, where you live, who you're friends with, and more. They hunt you.
These guards they can take any shape or form, which is one way they play with your mind. That is something they like to do. Have a little fun with their victim. They like to see you suffer.
The guards will warn you they are coming. They like to see you worry. These things will warn you by somehow sending you an email or a text, by friend, by family, by webpages, or even by dream."
I froze.
I could already count three of those things.
A few days ago, Susie came to my house. Something wasn't right, and I could tell just by looking at her. When she spoke, it didn't sound like her. It didn't sound like anyone I knew. She spoke coldly. "We have seen you. We are coming. You will not see your next birthday." And with that she had turned on her heals and left. I hadn't talked to her since, thinking it was a mean prank.
I have also been having weird dreams about this thing coming closer and closer to me. I always woke up before it grabbed me.
And now this random webpage popped up.
I shook my head and looked at the clock.
4:00 AM.
It had been an hour since I last looked.
"It's a dream." I thought aloud. "It has to be a dream. It only makes sense. This is a nightmare. Sometimes dreams are so real that you don't realize you are dreaming."
I smiled. That's what it is. I'll wake up in the morning, and I'll be back to a normal life. I'm freaking out over nothing.
After logging out of the computer, I returned to bed, and closed my eyes. Slowly I started to drift back off to sleep.

When I woke up the next morning, something was on my computer screen.
I slowly got out of bed, and went to go see what it said.
There were three words on the screen.
"We are coming."
I backed away from the computer.
This isn't a dream.
This is something much, much worse.
It's reality.

But maybe.

Just maybe.
I'm still dreaming.
---------------------
Hey guys! It's Rachel and I'm back for another story! I hope you really enjoy this story. I have big things planned for it, and I'm so excited to share it with you!
I think that's about it!
Rachel out!